Graduates of the B.A. program in Communication and Media Studies will demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Communicate effectively using multiple channels of communication;
- Conduct primary and secondary research on media products and communicative practices;
- Critically analyze the aesthetic dimensions and layered meanings of past and present communication and media products;
- Understand theoretical perspectives on communication, media and global culture;
- Apply media aesthetics to the production of communication vehicles using appropriate technologies; and,
- Demonstrate an understanding of ethical theories, professional standards and legal constraints in communication and media environments.