Welcome to the Spivey Hall Children’s Choir!
Join us for our upcoming Open House on Monday, March 16 at 7:15 PM. (Attend Open House and receive $5 off your audition fee.)
Membership into this treble choir program is contingent upon an audition and teacher recommendations. Auditions are for male and female students ages 10 through 13 and are held once each spring. Applications for auditioning are made available by March 1st each year. Upon acceptance, choir members may continue in the program until their high school graduation. There is an annual tuition with need-based assistance available to those who qualify.
Rehearsals are held weekly at Spivey Hall on Monday evenings, 6:45pm - 8:15pm from August – May.
SHCCP Audition Requirements
- Register to Audition
- Singers must be between the ages of 10 and 13 on September 1 of the audition year to audition
- Dr. Martha Shaw and Dr. Craig Hurley will be present during the audition. Choir placement will be based on the results. Most students are placed in the Young Artists Choir their first year.
- Pay the Audition Processing Fee of $15.00
Online Audition Form (provides a link for online payment upon completion of the form)
- Provide two teacher recommendations
Online Teacher Recommendation Request Form
(you will need the email address of the teacher to complete this form)
Teacher Recommendation Form (Printable)
- Auditioning students should memorize the first verse of “America” (“My Country ‘Tis of Thee”) for your audition.
- Vocalization and tonal recall will be included, but no previous choral experience is required.
Upon receipt of the audition registration and the audition processing fee, you will be notified of your assigned audition time. Auditions take place on Saturday, April 18, 2020.
Audition results will be mailed and emailed the week of May 25, 2020.
Check out our Audition Tutorial Video on YouTube!