FIND YOUR VOICE, FIND YOUR FAMILY!
Thank you for your interest in the Spivey Hall Children's Choir. Registration is now open for the 2020/2021 season!
Online auditions can be submitted between May 31 and June 6, 2020. Check out details below.
Check out our “Virtual Open House” on Facebook!
Membership into this treble choir program is contingent upon an audition and teacher recommendations. Auditions are for male and female students ages 10 through 13 and are held once each spring. Applications for auditioning are made available by March 1st each year. Upon acceptance, choir members may continue in the program until their high school graduation. There is an annual tuition with need-based assistance available to those who qualify.
Rehearsals are held weekly at Spivey Hall on Monday evenings, 6:45pm - 8:15pm from August – May.
SHCCP Audition Requirements
- Register to Audition
- Singers must be between the ages of 10 and 13 on September 1 of the audition year to audition
- A video audition must be submitted between May 31 and June 6, 2020 according to the instructions provided after registering
- Pay the Audition Processing Fee of $15.00
- Provide two teacher recommendations
- Auditioning students should memorize the first verse of “America” (“My Country ‘Tis of Thee”) for your audition.
- Vocalization and tonal recall will be included, but no previous choral experience is required.
Audition results will be announced by the week of July 6, 2020.
Check out our Audition Tutorial Video on YouTube!