Students who wish to enhance their employability by being qualified as both nurses and health care managers may wish to pursue this dual degree option. It is available to students in the basic licensure and RN completion tracks of the BSN program.
The Bachelor of Science in Health Care Management is a business degree with emphasis on the health care environment and technology. Nurses who complete this double degree can expand their career opportunities beyond the clinical arena to include administration/management, marketing/sales and legal nurse consultant.
All BSN degree requirements must be satisfied prior to earning the double degree. Students must complete an additional eleven courses (or 33 credit hours).
Core Area F
- ACCT 2101 Principles of Financial Accounting
- ECON 2105 Principles of Macroeconomics
- HSCI 2111 Intro to Health Care Environment
- ITFN 1101 Foundations of Information Systems
- HCMG 3101 Introduction to Health Systems Management
- HCMG 3401 Applied HR Management for Health Care Delivery
- HCMG 3501 Health Care Systems TQM
- HCMG 3901 Marketing in Health Care
- HCMG 4560 Health Care Finance
- HSCI 3520 Legal Issues in Health Care
- HCMG 4500 Health Care Policy or HCMG 4901 Applied Research
Grade of C or better required in all courses. Other appropriate courses may be determined by the Dean in order to equal a minimum of 30 hours of Health Care Management requirements taken in residency at Clayton State and not used to meet BSN requirements.
Students must complete and submit the Request for Double Major to the Registrar's Office.