Master of Health Administration
Dr. Tom McIlwain, Ph.D. Program Coordinator, Master of Health Administration
Dear Prospective Health Administration Graduate Student:
Thank you again for your interest in the Master of Health Administration degree program at Clayton State University. As a potential graduate student we urge you to explore our graduate studies website, in addition to the academic and community events we offer on the Clayton State University campus. Should you have any additional questions or concerns please feel free to contact the School of Graduate Studies, the Graduate Program Director, Dr. Thomas McIlwain at (678) 466-4931 or ThomasMcIlwain@mail.clayton.edu.
|Admit Term||Preferred Deadline||Final Deadline|
|Fall||June 15||July 15|
|Spring||October 15||November 15|
|Summer||March 15||April 25|
Completed applications that are received by the preferred deadline will be given priority review. Those applications received after the final deadline for a given admit term will be recorded for the next available term.
The final deadlines for applications and supporting documents for international graduate students are:
|Admit Term||Application and Document Deadline|
The Admission Packet includes the following items:
- Completed application for admission to the School of Graduate Studies and a $50 application fee. The application fee is non-refundable and may not be applied to any other university fees should you be accepted. These forms are submitted electronically using the online application which is available on the School of Graduate Studies.
- One (1) Official copy of transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work previously undertaken. Admission to the Master of Health Administration program requires a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum 3.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale. Please note: The School of Graduate Studies cannot be held responsible for delays that occur during the mailing process.
- Official acceptable scores on either the GRE or GMAT. The GRE or GMAT requirement may be waived for applicants who have earned an advanced degree from a regionally accrediting program. (Note: the MBBS is not considered an advanced degree and requires the GRE scores). The GRE institution code for Clayton State University is 5145. Clayton State University's institution code for the GMAT is BD3-SV-70. Waived for summer and fall 2020 terms
- International Students * Applicants whose native language is not English or whose language of college instruction
was not English are required to submit English Language proficiency through one of
the following options:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): 78 total on the internet-based TOEFL (ibT) or 550+ on the paper-based TOEFL
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): Minimum scores of 6 total
- Duolingo English Test: Minimum score of 100
- Three letters of recommendation. Three letters of recommendation that comment on the applicant’s potential for success in a graduate academic program. Letters should be placed in sealed envelopes and contain the signature of the person writing the recommendation across the seal. Please Note: When you complete the on-line application for graduate admission you will have the opportunity to send your recommenders an email so that they can submit your letter of recommendation electronically. Once you have submitted your on-line application you will not be able to return to it to enter your recommenders contact details. Download recommendation form in PDF Download recommendation form in Word
- A statement of purpose that is no more than two (2) typewritten pages, single-spaced. The statement should describe the applicant's pertinent personal and professional experience and education, as well as his or her interests and goals in pursuing the Master of Health Administration degree.
- Provisional Admission: An applicant failing to meet one or more of the standards required for admission as a regular student may be eligible for provisional admission, if space in the program is available, for up to one semester under conditions specified at the time of admission. Students who fail to make progress under provisional admission will be withdrawn from the program.
All application materials should be mailed to the School of Graduate Studies at the address listed below:
Clayton State University School of Graduate Studies 2000 Clayton State Boulevard Suite 152 Edgewater Hall Morrow, Georgia 30260 (678) 466-4113 firstname.lastname@example.org