Program Learning Outcomes
Clayton State University Master of Arts in Liberal Studies College of Arts & Sciences 2000 Clayton State Boulevard Morrow, GA 30260-0285 (678) 466-4730 (678) 466-4899 (fax)
Students who complete the degree requirements for the Master of Arts in Liberal Studies Program will be able to:
- Investigate and synthesize research data and ideas from interdisciplinary perspectives.
- Integrate research methodologies from two or more disciplines in a research proposal.
- Produce an interdisciplinary understanding of a complex problem or intellectual question.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the diverse social contexts in which the liberal studies are pursued and debated, including, but not limited to, political, historical, material, cultural, racial, ethnic, national and geographical contexts.
- Demonstrate advanced critical thinking skills at levels required for effective performance in professional and other social or cultural contexts
- Demonstrate advanced communication skills (written, spoken, computer-assisted) at levels required for effective performance in professional and other social or cultural contexts.