Dear Clayton State Employees,
Gov. Deal and Chancellor Wrigley announced that the state and the University System of Georgia would absorb out-of-network claims for affected employees for up to 30 days in order to minimize patients’ financial burdens. April 1 marked the beginning of the 30 days.
As additional information for all members who receive services through Piedmont HealthCare, please note the following:
- Piedmont HealthCare in-network status extends through April 30 and you may continue to use Piedmont physicians and facilities.
- Services that are eligible for Continuation of Care (i.e., maternity, oncology) will be honored, as appropriate.
- Employee cost shares (i.e., co-pays, deductibles and co-insurance) will remain the same as they were prior to April 1, 2018.
- The University System of Georgia anticipates the process for handling claims will be seamless, with no requirements expected of the affected employee.
- BCBSGa and Piedmont HealthCare continue to actively negotiate.
- If an agreement is not reached by April 30, Piedmont will no longer be an in-network care provider with BCBSGa and any claims for services received from Piedmont on or after May 1, are considered out-of-network.
We hope that this matter is resolved in the near term. The University System of Georgia will continue to provide updates as they become available. You can also find updates at BCBSGa Provider Networks Update, or call the Member Services number on your BCBSGa ID card at 1-800-424-8950.