USG Goes Global Programs
The USG Goes Global (USGGG) programing offers a system wide consortium that is hosted with the University System of Georgia’s (USG) division. The USG Goes Global office partners with USG institutions to provide faculty-led study abroad experiences for USG undergraduate students. These programs range from 2-5 weeks and offers programs in Europe, Asia, and the Caribbean. The USG Goes Global programs are a selected group of study abroad destinations with multidisciplinary course opportunities offered by the University System of Georgia.
- Applications for 2023 are now open.
- Please note there is a non-refundable application deposit of $300 for USGGG.
- Complete the USG Goes Global Course Selection Form (below) before applying for a USGGG program.
- Schedule a USG Goes Global Advising Session with the Clayton State Study Abroad Office on our Contact Us & Advising website.
- USG Goes Global Application Deadline is March 10, 2023.
Visit the USG Goes Global Study Abroad Programs website to learn more about program offerings and the next steps on how to apply for one of these programs.
Clayton State students interested in attending a USG Goes Global program must complete the Clayton State University steps outlined below in order to continue with the USG Goes Global program. The USG Goes Global programs are a third party study abroad program offering.
The USG Goes Global programs operate separately from Clayton State University programming. All program payments, program orientations, course work, etc. are conducted through the USG Goes Global office. Clayton State University does not assist with any of these program processes.
Students register for courses and pay tuition at their home institution (or the University of West Georgia for transient students) at the USGGG tuition rate of $199 per credit hour.
See more below.
- Complete the Clayton State University required form, the USG Goes Global Course Selection Form. See the information below to access the form. This is a required document to be completed by all Clayton State students looking to attend a USG Goes Global program.
- Submit the USG Goes Global Course Selection Form to the Clayton State Study Abroad Office via the submission link below. This document must be completed by the necessary offices before it can be reviewed by the Clayton State Study Abroad Office.
- The Clayton State Study Abroad Office will review the USG Goes Global Course Selection Form. The student will be notified if the form has been approved or denied by the Clayton State Study Abroad Office. If the form is approved, the student can proceed with the next steps and begin applying for a USG Goes Global study abroad program.
- Apply to the USGGG Program of Interest on the USG Goes Global website.
- During the application process, send the program recommendation from the USG Goes Global application to the Clayton State University Campus Representative. Find your Campus Representative for Clayton State University on the Institutional Representative - USG Goes Global website.
- The Campus Representative will receive the program recommendation from the USG Goes Global application. The Clayton State Study Abroad Office will review and complete the program recommendation. If the student’s USG Goes Global Course Selection Form was approved by the Clayton State Study Abroad Office, then the USG Goes Global student application will most likely be approved.
- After the Campus Representative completes the program recommendation this completes the steps with the Clayton State Study Abroad Office. Please proceed to work with the USG Goes Global Program Office on all future program information.
- *The Clayton State Study Abroad Office and Registrar office will assist with registering the student for the USG Goes Global courses. Registration will begin at the designated time assigned for summer enrollment on your campus.
Students that enroll in the London, Paris, Spain, or any other program that ends in August must note that these programs end after the Fall semester fee payment deadline for Clayton State University. Due to the late end dates, these programs may delay financial aid release for Fall semester courses since your grades for these courses will not have posted to your official record. This could result in your classes being dropped for non-payment. Please work closely with Financial Aid and the Registrar offices regarding this issue.
Students should endeavor to discuss with Financial Aid how your aid is disbursed, especially in relation to short-term semesters (eight-week sessions). Undergraduate students should discuss how your aid is awarded and applied. Next, determine if your aid will be made available to cover your study abroad program payments by the designated program dates. Students must adhere to the study abroad payment deadlines and make all necessary payments accordingly whether aid has applied or not. Students will meet with Financial Aid as part of the USG Goes Global Course Selection Form.
If the course does not meet the students graduation requirements, please note that this might jeopardize Financial Aid funding for the course abroad and the student may have to pay for their tuition out of pocket; while the academic credits may not count towards graduation. This may also jeopardize any scholarships, grants, and similar funding utilized to pay for the study abroad program.
Complete the this step with your Academic Advisor.
- Students must work with their Academic Advisor to review the USG Goes Global study abroad program course offerings. Review the courses provided with the USG Goes Global program to see if these courses meet with your academic requirements.
- To locate this information, view the ‘Academics’ section on the USG Goes Global study abroad program website (i.e. Paris, Scotland, etc.) and review the ‘course offerings’.
- Click on the course links to view more details about the course information, review which courses are applicable to your graduation requirements.
- Academic Advisors are not to enroll students in the academic course(s). This process is to be completed by the Clayton State Registrar.
- Once the Clayton State Study Abroad has received the completed USG Goes Global Course Selection Form, this form will be processed and submitted to the Registrar. The Registrar will create and enroll the student in the courses provided on the form.
- The Academic Advisor must make sure the academic course(s) meets the student’s graduation requirements.
Complete the next section with the Office of Financial Aid. See the form and the Financial Aid Statement (above) for more information.
If a student chooses to Pay Out of Pocket for their program, they are still required to meet with the Office of Financial Aid to understand how any and all aid distribution applies to students attending a study abroad program. If a student does not receive Financial Aid and is Paying Out of Pocket, please select the appropriate box(es) on the form to indicate your status.
The student must complete and submit the USG Goes Global Course Selection Form to show that they have understood the information provided by their Academic Advisor and the Office of Financial Aid.
Submit the USG Goes Global Course Selection Form to the Clayton State Study Abroad Office for review and approval. Once the document has been processed by the office, a notification will be sent to the student, and the USG Goes Global recommendation will be processed if the student is approved to continue with the program.
USG Goes Global Program Manager
University System of Georgia
Clayton State University Campus Representative
Study Abroad Manager