Study Abroad Tuition & Fees
Tuition & Fees for Maymester Study Abroad Programs
If you are attending a Clayton State study abroad program during the Maymester and/or Summer semester(s) please note the following information related to the Clayton State Tuition & Fees. If you have any questions or concerns about how tuition and fees apply then please speak with the Bursar office.
Tuition & Fee Deadline for Maymester / Summer: Thursday, April 25, 2024 (TBD). Locate the Academic Calendar here to review the deadlines for the term.
Tuition & Fee Reminders
If a student is taking other courses at Clayton State over the summer in addition to the study abroad program, then the student will pay all associated tuition and fees.
If you are ONLY taking a study abroad course over the summer (and no other academic courses on campus), then you will only pay the following fees with tuition:
- In-State Tuition
- The Technology Fee
- The Card Fee
Current students can see the exact cost of attending Clayton State University by logging into the DUCK and clicking on “How Much Do I Owe?”.
If you are in need of a Payment Plan for tuition, then please check with the Bursar Office to determine your eligibility.
To determine when tuition and fees are due for the Maymester and Summer semester(s), please see the Summer Academic Calendar to learn more.
Please be aware of the Add/Drop period for the Maymester / Summer Semester and withdrawal deadlines for the study abroad program. If a student has to withdraw from the program and the academic course, pay close attention to the Academic Calendar and the study abroad refund schedule on the programs web page. If the final payment has not been received by the deadline, the student will be dropped from the study abroad program and may not be eligible for a refund.
The academic course registration for the Maymester and/or Summer semester(s) will reflect the fees associated with the study abroad program course that the student will be taking while abroad.
- Clayton State Tuition & Fee rates are for Undergraduate and Graduate students are located on the Bursar Tuition & Fees website.
- Tuition and fees are separate from the study abroad program price. The tuition and fees apply for the academic course experience with the program. The student obtains academic hours towards their graduation requirements. The study abroad program fees cover the expenses for the travel fees. See the ‘Overview’ tab on the program website to learn what is included and not included in the program fees.
- The tuition and fees will be applied to the student’s Clayton State student account once the student is registered for the academic course.
- The Program Director or someone designated by the Program Director will register the students for the academic course who will be joining the study abroad program.
- Academic advisors cannot enroll students into the study abroad academic course.
- Failure to pay tuition by the tuition deadline will result in dismissal from the program per the Registrar’s policy.
- Summer Financial Aid cannot be used to cover a Maymester and/or Summer study abroad program due to the delivery date of such funds. Speak with the Financial Aid and/or Bursar office about Financial Aid award dates and when the funding applies to the student’s account.
- If using Financial Aid, please note that it does not cover the full balance of the study abroad program and the student must agree to pay the remaining balance. Verify with the Financial Aid office if scholarships can assist with covering any costs associated with the program.
- This information is covered during the Study Abroad Pre-Departure Orientation with the Study Abroad Office.