France Payments and Withdrawing
Study Abroad Payments
- The student must first complete the program's Application Contract and be approved to attend the program.
- Once the application is approved by the Program Director, the application will be processed to the Bursar's office to add the program charge to your Clayton State student account.
- The student will receive a confirmation email informing you when you can begin making payments to the Bursar.
- Please wait until you have received this confirmation email as the charge must be added to your Clayton State student account before payments can be made online or in-person with the Bursar's office.
- You can begin making down payments towards the program fees as long as you adhere to the payment deadlines.
- See the website "How to Make Study Abroad Payments" for more details.
Tuition payments are NOT included with the study abroad program fees and are separate associated fees to the program expenses. The study abroad program fees pay for the program expenses such as airfare, lodging, tours and so forth while abroad. Tuition pays for the academic course that is associated with the program. To learn more about tuition costs and fees, visit the Bursar's Tuition website.
If you are considering dropping the academic course and withdrawing from the study abroad program, refer to the Academic Calendar for the current semester to review the add/drop dates, withdrawal dates etc. Make sure these dates do not interfere with your withdrawal process from the study abroad program. If you have questions or concerns, speak with your Academic Advisor and Program Director. Access the Academic Calendar.
STUDENTS MUST MAKE SURE THAT THE REQUIRED HEALTH CLEARANCE FORM HAS BEEN APPROVED AND CLEARED. IF YOUR HEALTH CLEARANCE HAS BEEN DENIED BY YOUR PHYSICIAN PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE WITHDRAWAL DATES. Students must complete the Health Clearance Form and submit the form before Monday, January 29, 2024, in order to receive a refund, excluding the non-refundable deposit of $250.00 and any expenses paid toward the program fees.
Maymester Payment Policy for France
Start making program payments as early as October 18, 2023*.
*This date may be subject to change.
Total Cost of France Program: $3,500.00
- First Payment and Deposit: Monday, January 22, 2024, of $1,556.00.
- *Reserve your spot on the program by making your first payment.
- Second Payment: Monday, February 12, 2024, of $1,556.00.
- *After your second payment is completed, the student will be enrolled in the academic course by the Program Director.
- Final Payment: Monday, March 18, 2024, of $388.00.
- *Pay close attention to the Add/Drop period for the Summer Semester and the programs withdrawal deadlines. Tuition payments will be due in late April. See the Academic Calendar.
Maymester Refund Policy
- Withdrawal on or before Monday, January 29, 2024: A full refund may be possible, please determine this information with the Study Abroad Office. The study abroad program may have proceeded forward (after January 29th) with purchasing program expenses to secure group airfare, group lodging, etc. to ensure program spots and availability with international vendors outside of Clayton State University. If purchases have been made and are non-refundable, the remainder of the first payment will be refunded back to the student, excluding any funds already spent and the non-refundable deposit of $250.00.
- Withdrawal on or after Monday, February 12, 2024: Costs for airfare, rail, admissions, and hotel(s) (including any cancellation penalties or charges imposed by the airline, hotel, or other prepaid expenses) and all administrative fees incurred are forfeited: the remainder will be refunded, excluding the non-refundable deposit of $250.00. Failure to submit the required study abroad documentation by this deadline will also result in dismissal from the study abroad program.
- Withdrawal on or after Monday, March 18, 2024: All costs are forfeited; no refunds.