Spirit 2016 May 17-18
Are you ready for SPIRIT? This year is going to be Incredibles!
Things to Do Before Spirit
To make this year great we need you to do a few things that may be hard at first but gets easier the more you try
Watch Monsters Inc
Please bring your laptop on the second day.
Events & Activities
Game 1: Solo Dolo
- Set up the stack of cups so that there’s 1 orange cup with 37 blue cups stacked on top of it.
- When the clock starts, player may grab a single cup from the top of the stack and place it on the bottom of the stack.
- Player must use 1 hand to grab each cup, and must alternate hands with each cup.
- If more than 1 cup is removed at a time, player must place all cups that are outside of the stack back on top of the stack before continuing.
- Player must play the game from a standing position.
- To complete the game, the orange cup must be placed on the bottom after traveling through the stack, and the stack must be held in 1 hand at the orange cup within the 60-second time limit.
- Drop a cup and you are out.
Plane Game Rules
- Build your plane
- First Teamate holds the plane
- Second teammate attaches charger
- Charge for no more that 20 seconds
- Remove Charger
- Launch plane
- Teammate goes to plane’s location
- Distance is measured and recorded
- Bring Airplane back to starting point
- Next teammate grabs plane
- Repeat steps 3-9
- Total distance is calculated
- Longest distance wins
- The End
Scavenger Hunt Rules
- All team members must be back prior to tuning in.
- Documentation of all activities must be presented to the judge in an easy to view format. Consider a tablet or phone.
- Place all requested content in an OneDrive folder named after your group and share with firstname.lastname@example.org via OneDrive prior to turning in.
- Be considerate of workers and do not disrupt business activities where you can.
Scavenger Hunt Goals
- Video of a member checking your balance on your Laker ID Card
- Picture of a member verifying academic holds
- Get a video of the SWAN with a team member at giving National Geographic commentary.
- Selfie with a Public Safety Officer
- Picture of the T-1000 sculpture
- Video of one of your members making a profound statement about one of the large artworks on campus while in front of it.
- Act Shakespearian in the butterfly garden
- Video of an explanation of what Media Services does while standing in front of their location
- Video of a member of ITS while explaining what they do
- Picture of the newest building on campus
- Video explaining location and the services provided by Human Resources while standing in front of it