Students in the Health & Fitness Management program are expected to achieve the following learning outcomes as part of the program of study. These outcomes are based on the overall mission of Clayton State University and the knowledge and skills needed in the Health & Fitness Management field The outcomes are assessed during major-field and general education courses, and the progress toward outcome attainment must be reflected in the portfolio submitted by degree candidates prior to graduation.
- Students will be able to identify and portray ethical behaviors and values consistent with the profession especially as they relate to risk management and injury prevention.
- Students will be able to utilize their multicultural experiences across a variety of health related and skill-based activities to inform their scholarship and practice in health & fitness management.
- Students will be able to effectively communicate in writing and through oral presentations (clear, concise and coherent) on topics in health & fitness management.
- Students will be able to explain, identify, and/or demonstrate the theoretical and/or scientific principles that can be used to address sport performance and health & fitness (assessment) challenges.
- Students will be able to Integrate and apply knowledge to analyze current industry issues and recommend solutions and/or strategies in organizational and human performance.