The basic licensure BSN track is available to recent high school graduates, non-traditional students, current Clayton State students and transfer students who meet University admission requirements. Graduates are prepared for initial licensure as a registered nurse.
Nursing application is separate from university application and admission. Admission is competitive and space is limited. Students are admitted each fall and spring semester into a full-time four semester program (excluding intervening summers).
Minimum Admissions Requirements
- College grade point average (GPA) of 2.80 on 4.00 scale.
- Completion of 45 semester hours of BSN core curriculum with grades of C (or K or S) or better in all natural and behavioral science, math and Area F courses at the time of application and 60 semesters hours at the time of enrollment in nursing program.
- Successful completion of the legislative requirements.
- Satisfactory completion of an entrance exam.
- Satisfactory evidence of overall health status consistent with the performance standards for nursing.
- Eligible for clearance on criminal background check and drug screening.
- Applicants participating in Clayton State University’s Honors Program are guaranteed admission if they meet all program admission standards.
- Applicants who have attended another nursing program are required to disclose on their application and submit letter of good standing from the program administrator. Applicants who have been dismissed from another nursing program are ineligible for admission to the Clayton State program. Applicants who have been suspended from another program due to academic or clinical performance will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Congratulations on your acceptance into the Basic Licensure Track of the BSN program! It is necessary to begin preparing for the nursing program now, so PRINT the orientation packet below for detailed instructions.
Participation is option for this event.
- Kaiser Permanente Bridge Program - Monday, November 4, 2019, 5:00-7:00pm, Harry S. Downs Center, room CE-301
- Learn about this comprehensive medical health plan, determine if you qualify and meet with representatives
- View the details
Participation is mandatory for these upcoming events.
- Jumpstart - Tuesday, December 10, 2019, 9:00am-2:00pm, Harry S. Downs Center, CE-101; mandatory attendance; student encouraged to bring significant other/support person
- Complete, print and bring hard copy of Scholarship Eligibility Form to Jumpstart
- Copy front and back of Social Security Card and bring hard copy to Jumpstart
- Orientation - Thursday, January 9, 2020, 9:00am-2:00pm, Harry S. Downs Center, CE-101; mandatory attendance; student only
Note: Upon enrollment in nursing (NURS) coursework, the mandatory Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) Premium will be charged to your student account. Those nursing students with adequate, private health insurance coverage MUST WAIVE OUT EACH SEMESTER to have this charge removed.