RDH Completion Admission
The RDH-BSDH track is available for registered dental hygienists who are graduates of associate degree dental hygiene programs. Graduates are prepared for advanced practice, supervisory, administrative, managerial and marketing positions in the dental field. In addition to the clinical role, graduates may also work as educators and researchers.
Dental Hygiene application is separate from University application and admission. The program is 100% online and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. Minimum admission requirements include:
- Unrestricted current dental hygiene licensure in the United States or eligibility for licensure.
- College grade point average (GPA) of 2.50 on 4.00 scale.
- Completion of 45 semester hours of BSDH core curriculum with grades of C (or K or S) or better in all natural and behavioral science, math and Area F courses at the time of application and 60 semesters hours at the time of enrollment in dental hygiene program.
- Successful completion of the legislative and overlay requirements.
- Successful completion of transition course DHYG3101-Professional Issues in Dental Hygiene.
- Eligible for clearance on criminal background check and drug screening.