Federal Work-Study Mentor Program
Clayton State University partners with community service and program related off-campus organizations, businesses and elementary schools.
Get involved and you will:
- earn $10.00 per hour
- make an exciting and worthwhile investment in the life of a young child
- provide a valuable service to the community
- gain exposure to your career while in school
To be eligible for this program, you must:
- be eligible for federal financial aid and have unmet need as determined by completion of the Federal Application for Federal Student Aid
- submit to and clear a criminal background (no charge to you)
- enjoy working with children
- be able to set a weekly schedule and adhere to it
- be available between the hours of 8:00 to 2:30 (you are not required to work every day/for elementary schools)
- be dependable and responsible (this is essential)
- be able to provide your own transportation
- contact the Financial Aid Office via email
How do I apply for jobs?
Students should be referred by Career Services before applying for a work-study position. Log into Laker Career Zone, using your DUCK credentials and apply for a work-study position. Then, send your resume to Career Services. A Career Service Specialist will contact you.
Please note that employment is not guaranteed and is dependent upon available of funds and/or positions. There is also a waiting list for all work-study positions. Additional information regarding the work-study program can found here.