Loan Acceptance Procedures
The procedures for accepting your offered federal loans are:
- Log on SWAN
- Click on DUCK
- Select Financial Aid
- Select Award
- Select Award by Aid Year
- Select Aid Year from drop down box
- Click Accept Award Offer
- Then next to fund select Accept and put the appropriate amount in the box and click Submit Decision
After your loan request is processed by the Financial Aid Office, your request will be transmitted to the Department of Education.
- You must sign a new Master Promissory Note (MPN). This can be done at the same time you accept your loans on the DUCK by clicking the link for the Master Promissory Note (MPN). Please complete your Master Promissory Note at: https://studentaid.gov/mpn/
- You must also complete Entrance Loan Counseling if required at https://studentaid.gov/app/counselingInstructions.action?counselingType=entrance.
- Starting academic year 2021-2022, you will also be required to complete the Annual Student Loan Acknowledgement each year. For more information, please visit: https://studentaid.gov/asla/
Parent PLUS Loan
If you were awarded a Parent PLUS loan, submit the Federal PLUS Load Request Form to the Clayton State University Office of Financial Aid and your parent must complete the credit check at www.studentaid.gov under “Parent Borrowers” and select “Apply for a Plus Loan”.
Graduate Plus Loan
If you were awarded a Graduate PLUS loan, submit the Federal PLUS Load Request Form to the Clayton State University Office of Financial Aid and you must complete the credit check at www.studentaid.gov to “Apply for a Plus Loan”.
*** Please remember, that you must be enrolled half time (6 hours as an undergraduate or 5 hours as a graduate student) for your federal loans to disburse to your student account. Please learn more about repeat courses at https://www.clayton.edu/financial-aid/repeated-courses. ***
Loan requests are normally processed in 3 - 5 business days. Please allow additional time for loan requests to be processed during peak times.
Other Loan Options
For more information about Private loans, please visit: https://www.clayton.edu/financial-aid/loans/private-loans
For more information about the Georgia Student Access Loan, please visit: https://www.gafutures.org/hope-state-aid-programs/loans/sal/
***Learn more about your Student Rights and Responsibilities at https://www.clayton.edu/financial-aid/student-responsibilities.***