All English majors will be able to
- Analyze and evaluate texts that reflect diverse genres, time periods, and/or cultures.
- Analyze the ways in which language and/or literature are related to class, culture, ethnicity, gender, histories, race, and sexuality.
- Interpret texts from various perspectives by using close readings supported by textual evidence, and informed by critical theory.
- Produce a variety of materials, including oral presentations, for a range of creative writing and/or rhetorical contexts.
- Conduct effective research and writing as it relates to the field of English studies, by using a variety of technological and information sources.