Pursue Your Dream
The difference between you and a cyber security professional career is your education. Let Clayton State take you there with graduate programs designed to build the skills needed to be a successful professional!
Join our well-designed Master of Science in Cyber Technology program to advance towards high demanding jobs. There are two areas of emphasis (Operation and Security Management, Information Security) for you to choose and complete in THREE semesters! You will earn an affordable degree from a respected university and find your dreams come true.
Master’s Degree Designed for ALL: current students, working professionals and those seeking changes in their career
Choose your own track (applied project or research) and concentration (operation and security management or information security) for a promising occupation as a security administrator, business analyst, network security specialist, cybersecurity, data analyst or data scientist, among others.
Students take 30 credit hours to complete the program. Courses cover foundations of cyber security and advanced technology in specific concentrations.
Frequently Asked Questions
Graduate programs can be completed in as few as three semesters. Degree completion may take longer depending on the number of credits taken per semester.
- Complete online application to the School of Graduate Studies,
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum 2.5 GPA of undergraduate study from an accredited college or university,
- Essay of purpose and graduate school interest,
- Three (3) letters of recommendation,
- For applicants with an undergraduate GPA between 2.50 and 2.69, a GRE score of 296 or higher is required.
- International students whose native language is not English are required to submit English Language Proficiency through one of the following options: TOEFL (minimum score of 78 total on the internet-based TOEFL), IELTS (minimum score of 6 total), Duolingo English Test (Minimum score of 100), or successful completion of an approved University System of Georgia (USG) intensive ESL program.
- If an applicant has completed any coursework, degree, or degrees from institutions outside of the United States, he or she must utilize a credential evaluation service. The School of Graduate Studies accepts an official course-by-course evaluation with a GPA that is prepared by either Josef Silney and Associates or World Education Services
Semester Start Dates:
Fall 2022: August 13, 2022
Spring 2023: January 7, 2023
Summer 2023: TBA
The GRE requirement is determined by undergraduate grade point average. There is no GRE requirement for GPA of 2.7 or above. A minimum GRE score of 296 is required for GPA of 2.50-2.69. Please refer to the admissions requirements for more details.