Part of the University System of Georgia Mental Health Initiative
Welcome to Clayton State University's LakersLiveWell@ClaytonState Mental Health and Wellbeing Resource Hub.
The University System of Georgia (USG) has launched a comprehensive plan to significantly expand student mental health services during the COVID-19 pandemic. The program is being funded by an allocation of the Governors Emergency Education Relief (GEER) fund and will allow every student to have access to support whenever they need it.
At Clayton State University, we will be able to access the USG program to support the health and safety of our students. As such, we will be partnering with Christie Campus Health in our launch of LakersLiveWell@ClaytonState. We recognize that the needs of students vary significantly and supports need to be broad in scope and tailored to meet the pressure impacting individuals. Through LakersLiveWell@ClaytonState, students will have access to the following services beginning in January of 2021:
- A 24/7/365 mental health support line for in the moment support and linkages to next steps, regardless of time of day or your location. Call us anytime, any place at 1-833-855-0084.
- No cost Telehealth and in-person treatment sessions provided by a diverse network of licensed mental health clinicians. To learn about your options, just call us at 1-833-855-0084.
- Virtual Psychiatric Clinics to offer assessment and medication management. To learn about your options, just call our counselors at 678-466-5406.
- Personal Student Navigators to assist with referral coordination and support. To learn more, call 678-466-5406.
- A Self-directed iCBT (internet-based cognitive behavioral therapy) program designed exclusively for students. To get access to this program, please contact our counselors at 678-466-5406.
- The Wellness Hub, which includes an app and an online wellness magazine with educational content, self-help tools and resource links. To access the Wellness Hub, click here, or download the app at the App Store here or on Google Play here.
At Clayton State University, your wellbeing is our top concern. Our goal is to make sure you are happy and healthy as you are studying and preparing for your future. If you or a friend are experiencing any mental health concerns, please do not hesitate to use one or more of the options above. We are always here for you.
To learn more about current support services provided at Clayton State or to find out more about LakersLiveWell@ClaytonState, contact:
Dr. Christine Smith, Director of Counseling and Psychological Services
Georgia Crisis and Access Line
24/7 Support Line
Download the Wellness Hub App:
- University System of Georgia Mental Health Initiative https://www.usg.edu/mentalhealth
- Clayton State University Counseling and Psychological Services https://www.clayton.edu/counseling
- University Health Services https://www.clayton.edu/uhs
- Clayton State University COVID-19 Information and Updates https://www.clayton.edu/coronavirus