Chemistry and Physics Outcomes
After completing the B.S. in Chemistry Program at Clayton State University, graduates will:
- demonstrate knowledge of the basic principles of major fields of chemistry.
- demonstrate a broad range of basic laboratory skills applicable to chemistry, and improved chemical research skills.
- demonstrate knowledge of technology related to chemistry, including laboratory instrumentation.
- apply knowledge of physics and mathematics to solve chemical problems.
- communicate scientific information in a clear and concise manner both orally and in writing.
- collect, evaluate and interpret scientific data, and employ critical thinking to solve problems in chemistry and supporting fields.
- collaborate effectively on team-oriented projects.
- identify and describe the impact of chemistry on society.