11th Annual Diversity & Leadership Institute ALLY. ACCOMPLICE. ADVOCATE. WHO ARE YOU?
Save the date! Friday, October 11th, 2019 Clayton State University Student Activities Center
The Diversity and Leadership Institute is a professional development opportunity for individuals from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to exchange information, dialogue, and engage in critical thinking exercises. Through the various conference presentations and activities, participants will hopefully become more aware of their identities, biases, and societal positions as well as enhance their multicultural competency, and leadership skill-set; in addition, apply information and behaviors learned to social, classroom, and professional settings.
Learning and Development Domains
- Develop a common understanding of diversity, multicultualism, and social justice and learn about other cultural groups
- Become self-aware of ones’ own identity, biases, trigges and comfort zones
- Learn how to work collaboratively with people differentfrom self and consider others' points of view
- Analyze the influences of social identities on leadership style
- Exhibit democratic principles as a leader or group member
Civic Engagement & Social Responsibility
- Recognize social systems and their influence on specific groups
- Identify appropriate advocacy strategies to address social issues
- Identify individual goals to enhance personal and professional growth and development
- Construct an action plan to improve in identified areas of growth
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills learned in the classroom, workplace, and in their community
Featuring interactive workshops, courageous conversations, and a Faculty Specific Track, this year’s institute will educate and inform the campus community of the freedoms of speech, assembly, and expression and the rights associated with exercising these freedoms!
Friday, September 13th - Friday, October 4th, 2019
Cost (Includes continental breakfast and lunch, conference t-shirt, and registration material.)
- FREE for all Clayton State students.
- $10.00 Admission for all Clayton State faculty and staff.
- $20.00 Admission for Non-Clayton State participants.
- Credit card, cash, or checks will be accepted. Make payable to Clayton State University.
Complete the registration application in its entirety. Incomplete registration applications will not be accepted. The deadline to submit your Registration Application is Friday, October 4th, 2019. Applications can be submitted online, in-person, by fax, or mailed.
If you require an accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please contact Royal Baxter via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or (678) 466-5433 to communicate your needs. Early notification is encouraged. Requests should be submitted a minimum of two (2) weeks prior to the event in order to facilitate reasonable accommodations. For additional questions, contact the Department of Campus Life at (678) 466-5433.
Institute check-in will begin at 8:00 a.m. on Friday, October 11 in the Student Activities Center.
Please dress casually. Our facility has pre-set temperature controls, but does fluctuate occasionally. We recommend bringing a light jacket or sweater. All conference participation will be provided a conference t-shirt to be worn during the institute.