Biology Program Outcomes
After completing the B.S. in Biology program at Clayton State University, graduates will be able to:
- Identify and/or describe the biological core concepts: evolution; structure and function; information flow, exchange, and storage; pathways and transformations of energy and matter; and systems.
- Formulate hypotheses and collect, evaluate, and interpret scientific data to solve problems in biological science and supporting fields.
- Apply quantitative reasoning, modelling and simulations, and laboratory skills to answer questions in the biological sciences.
- Relate knowledge of the other sciences, including computer and social sciences, to biological concepts and skills.
- Effectively communicate scientific ideas to others inside and outside of the biology discipline.
- Identify and describe the impact of biological science on the environment and society.
- Collaborate with other students inside and outside of the biology discipline.