Dining with the LakerCard
Meal plans are your best value for dining on campus. The Lakeside Dining Hall, where you will use your meal plan, is an all-you-care-to-eat dining location with selections including a hot line meat and vegetarian options, a grill, brick-oven pizza, a salad bar, a sandwich bar, desserts, and beverages.
Semester Meal Plans
Residents in Laker Hall must purchase one of the required meal plans. Meal plans are selected on the Housing Contract and are automatically billed to your student account. For more information about Laker Hall meal plans including prices, service days, meal plan use, and meal plan changes, visit Laker Hall Meal Plans. For full details about Laker Hall meal plan refunds, visit Meal Plan Refunds.
Purchasing a Meal Plan
In person: Meal plans may be purchased at the LakerCard Center with cash, credit/debit, or LakerBucks.
Remote: Meal plans may also be purchased for a student by a parent or guest by making a deposit to their LakerBucks account online. Your student will then go to the LakerCard Center to complete the meal plan purchase using LakerBucks. Before you begin, you’ll need:
- Your student's LakerID (900xxxxxx)
- Step 1: Review Commuter Student Meal Plan and Dining Dollar plan options below and decide which plan you wish to purchase. Make a note of the amount of the meal plan.
- Step 2: Click the LakerCard Online icon below and select Guest Deposit (note: you must know the LakerID of the person for whom you’re making the deposit.)
- Step 3: Complete the LakerBucks deposit process
- Step 4: Notify your student of the deposit and direct them to the LakerCard Center to purchase their meal plan.
Meal Plan Prices for 2018-2019 Academic Year
Please note: Unused meals and Dining Dollars carry forward from fall to spring semester. Any unused meals at the end of spring semester are forfeited. Unused Dining Dollars at the end of spring semester are returned to your student account for refund based on your refund preference in BankMobile. Any debts to the University are satisfied before refund is issued.
Meal Plan Options
Laker Hall Residents
A Semester Meal Plan is required for all Laker Hall residents. You may choose one of the following plans on your Housing contract:
- Blue: 19 visits per week to the Lakeside Dining Hall plus $50 Dining Dollars
- Orange: 14 visits per week to the Lakeside Dining Hall plus $250 Dining Dollars
Both plans include five (5) guest meals per semester.
Commuter Students and Laker Village Residents
Commuter/Block Plans are available to commuter students and Laker Village residents. Plans may be purchased in the LakerCard Center using cash, credit/debit, or Bookstore Bucks (during Bookstore Bucks dates).
- Starter Plan: 5 meals (no Dining Dollars)
- 25+: 25 meals + $75 Dining Dollars
- 50+: 50 meals + $100 Dining Dollars
- 75+: 75 meals + $125 Dining Dollars
Dining Dollars are funds reserved specifically for food purchases at on-campus dining locations. They offer flexibility and variety and are included with most meal plans. (Dining Dollars may not be used at vending machines or for snacks in the Loch Shop or Loch’s Nest.)
Dining dollar purchases are tax-exempt, saving you 8% sales tax on every transaction.
Dining dollar plans may also be purchased separately from a meal plan. Dining dollar options are listed below:
Dining Dollar Plans
- 25 Dining Dollars
- 100 Dining Dollars – this plan costs $95 and gives you $5 in additional dining dollars
- 250 Dining Dollars: - this plan costs $225 and gives you $25 in additional dining dollars!
Dining Dollar Refunds
Unused Dining Dollars from fall semester carry forward to spring semester. At the end of spring semester, any balance under $7 will be forfeited. Balances of $7 and greater will be refunded via your refund preference with BankMobile.
Note: any debts owed to the University will first be satisfied before Dining Dollars are refunded.