Terms & Conditions
USE OF THE LAKERCARD
- Cardholder agrees that the LakerCard is the property of Clayton State University and can be confiscated from bearer as a result of inappropriate conduct or use. Use of the LakerCard is subject to all terms, conditions, rules, and regulations.
- You must present your LakerCard at the time of use to obtain services. Your card and related accounts and account balances are not transferable. Any misuse or illegal transactions can result in privilege suspension. Except as provided below, you are responsible for the usage of your card.
- The LakerBucks Account is an optional account of pre-deposited funds accessed by the cardholder for products and services on campus. Cash withdrawals from the LakerBucks account are not allowed at any time, except upon withdrawal from the University or upon graduation (see Closing Account/Issuing Refunds of Account Balance).
- Cardholder’s LakerBucks Account will be activated automatically upon receipt of the initial deposit. Minimum deposits in the LakerCard Center:
- Cash: minimum $1.00
- Check: $5.00
- Minimum credit card deposit online: $5.00
- In the event a cardholder’s deposit check is returned due to insufficient funds, a $30.00 service fee will be assessed by the University’s Bursar Office and the cardholder’s LakerBucks Account and remaining funds will be suspended until the amount of the returned check and the $30.00 service fee have been paid. The LakerCard Center complies with the University’s returned check policy: after two returned checks, no more checks are accepted from the student. Only cash, debit, or credit card will be accepted.
- In addition to the LakerCard Center, deposits may be made online and at any Account Management Center (AMC) on campus.
- LakerCard Online
- LakerCard Mobile
AMCs accept cash and credit cards and do not give change.
- Library (upper level near Galileo workstations)
- University Center (adjacent to LakerCard Center and ATMs)
- Pre-deposited funds shall be applied toward amounts debited from your LakerBucks Account for goods and services obtained at points of sale. All vending locations have a $10.00 daily spending limit when using the LakerCard. At all other locations, there is no daily limit to the number or amounts of purchases, provided funds are available in your LakerBucks Account. The cardholder understands and agrees that the LakerBucks Account is not a credit card, nor can it be used to obtain cash from the account under any circumstances.
- If the cardholder’s LakerBucks Account balances goes below zero as a result of a system problem or one of its readers being offline, the cardholder remains responsible for repayment of any negative balance. In the event of a negative balance, the cardholder will be contacted in writing either by mail or by email stating the negative balance amount and other pertinent information. A statement showing the transaction(s) and location(s) will be provided upon request. All negative balances must be reconciled at the LakerCard Center. When a deposit is made to an account with a negative balance, the negative balance will be automatically satisfied before making any funds available.
- Merchandise purchased with the LakerCard will be accepted for return according to the refund policy in force where the products and/or services were purchased. If the return meets the unit’s return policies, a credit will be issued to the cardholder’s LakerBucks Account. Cash refunds will not be made for returned merchandise that was purchased with the LakerCard, except for textbooks being sold back to the University Bookstore during Book Buy Back (during the days of final exams).
LAKERCARD ONLINE POLICIES
Clayton State University believes the safety and security of its customers’ accounts and account information is important. To ensure protection of your Accounts, you must access LakerCard Online via a personal computer or mobile access device with your User ID (Clayton State University Network ID) and Password.
I understand that the security of my User ID and Password is my responsibility and that anyone who has access to my User ID and password will be able to view my statement. I further understand and agree to notify the HUB immediately if my password should become compromised or known to individuals who are not authorized by me.
Once you are finished with your online activity, you should promptly and properly log off LakerCard Online. You should also never leave your computer unattended while accessing the LakerCard Online. If you should, a third party may be able to access your Accounts from your terminal without ever needing to use your Access ID and Password.
ONLINE STATEMENT DISCLOSURE
Account history is maintained online for a 24-month period. If you require account information that is prior to this 24-month period, please contact the LakerCard Center.
The information contained in this statement is deemed to be accurate. In case of errors or questions regarding transactions through the Online Card Office, please notify the LakerCard Center as soon as possible. You may contact us by telephone at 678-466-4215, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The LakerCard Center must be notified no later than 60 days after the error appears on your statement. Please provide us with (i) your name and LakerID, (ii) a description of the error or the transfer you are unsure about and an explanation of why you believe it is an error or why you need more information, and (iii) the dollar amount of the suspected error.
ERROR RESOLUTION PROCEDURES
If an error is noticed on a receipt or balance inquiry, contact the LakerCard Center no later than sixty (60) days after the error appears. If the cardholder reports the error orally, a written confirmation may be required within ten (10) business days addressed to: LakerCard Center, 2000 Clayton State Blvd., Morrow, GA 30260. The cardholder should furnish the following information: (a) cardholder name, (b) LakerID Number [9-digit number on front of card], (c) description and dollar amount of transaction in question, and (d) explanation of the discrepancy.
The results of the investigation should be available within ten (10) business days of notification; however, if more time is needed, the investigation may take up to 45 days. If no error is found, a written explanation will be provided within three (3) days of the close of the investigation. Copies of the documents used during the investigation may be requested.
LOST, STOLEN AND REPLACEMENT CARDS
- Immediately report any lost or stolen LakerCard or unauthorized usage either in person at the LakerCard Center or by phone at 678.466.4215 during normal business hours (LakerCard Center Hours). After normal business hours, contact Public Safety at 678.466.4050. Residential students may contact the Director or Assistant Director of Laker Hall to obtain a temporary card after normal business hours. Cardholder should go to the LakerCard Center the following business day to obtain a replacement card. The cardholder is responsible for all usage of the card prior to proper notification of lost card to the LakerCard Center or Public Safety.
- If loss is reported within two (2) business days, your liability will not exceed $50.00 in unauthorized charges.
- Replacement cards may be purchased at the LakerCard Center. The charge for a student’s first replacement card is $5.00. Each replacement card purchased after that will be charged an additional $5.00, each time a replacement card is purchased. For example, the 3rd replacement card purchased will cost $15.00. Replacement cards for damaged cards (normal wear and tear) or legal name changes (marriage, divorce, etc.) are issued at no charge.
TEMPORARY LAKERCARD POLICY
Temporary LakerCards are available to Residential Students ONLY and are only to be issued in situations of loss or theft that occur after LakerCard Center business hours. Residential students should contact the Housing staff person on duty in Laker Hall in order to obtain a temporary LakerCard.
The Temporary LakerCard will allow the student access to their:
- Meal plan
- LakerBucks Account
- Dining Dollars Account
- Room (Clayton Station ONLY)
The student should visit the LakerCard Center on the next business day following issuance in order to purchase a replacement LakerCard and return the temporary card. The temporary card will be deactivated at the end of the following business day. Should a student lose the temporary card, he or she will be charged a $5.00 replacement fee.
Students should immediately deactivate their LakerCard should it be lost or stolen. Students can visit www.lakercard.com, click on LakerCard Online, log in to the portal and mark their card as lost/stolen. The cardholder is responsible for all usage of the card prior to proper notification of lost card to the LakerCard Center or Public Safety.
CLOSING ACCOUNTS/ISSUING REFUNDS OF ACCOUNT BALANCE
- Cash withdrawals from the LakerBucks Account are not allowed except as stated below.
- Upon complete withdrawal or graduation from the University, the cardholder may request that his or her account be closed. Balances greater than $5.00 will be refunded. The request must be made in person at the LakerCard Center. Refunds will be issued by check from the University’s Business Office within ten (10) business days of the request.
- LakerBucks Accounts that are inactive for more than 18 months may be assessed an inactive account fee of $5 for each month the account is inactive, not to exceed the balance of the account.
- The LakerCard Center reserves the right to charge a negative LakerBucks Account balance to the cardholder’s student account. This negative balance must be satisfied prior to enrollment for a future semester.
- If the point of sale terminal is equipped to provide a receipt, you may request a receipt at the time of purchase. It is the cardholder’s responsibility to ensure the receipt is correct.
- You may view your transaction history at any time via LakerCard Online. Activity statements can also be generated upon request of the card holder in the LakerCard Center located on the first floor of the University Center.
EFFECTIVE DATE OF AGREEMENT
These terms and conditions are effective immediately and shall remain in force until written notification is received. Clayton State University will provide written notice via email at least thirty (30) days before effective date of a change that might cause increased fees, charges or liabilities for the cardholder. Prior notice need not be given where an immediate change in a term and/or condition is necessary to maintain or restore security of the system or its accounts.
MONTHLY SALES REPORTING TO DEPARTMENTS
Department sales and transaction tracking information is provided by the LakerCard Center on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis, as agreed upon between the LakerCard Center and the location. The University’s Business Office transfers sales revenues on a monthly basis from the LakerCard Center to the appropriate department.
The LakerCard Center and Clayton State University will disclose information about a cardholder or provide LakerCard or LakerBucks usage reports only:
- To comply with a court order or applicable lawsIf the cardholder gives the LakerCard Center written permission
Cardholder photos may be used for on-campus identification purposes such as class rosters or Public Safety needs. Photos will be shared with non-Clayton State entities only:
- To comply with a court order or applicable laws
- If the cardholder gives the LakerCard Center written permission