The film production program prepares students to enter the field of film production and Georgia’s burgeoning film industry.
Coursework emphasizes the development of skills in areas such as storytelling, compositing, editing, visual effects, motion graphics, and sound editing.
Film Production Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the BA program in Film Production will demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Understand critical and creative processes and aesthetic approaches involved in the pre-production, production and post-production phases of film making
- Develop mastery of technical and artistic skills that are fundamental to filmmaking and video production and post-production—including writing, producing, directing, editing, cinematography, production and audio design
- Acquire and model accepted industry practices, including those regarding professional collaborations, safety and ethical standards, and demonstration of employment marketability
- Analyze and critique films representing a broad range of theoretical and historical perspectives
The student learning outcomes for the Associate of Arts degree in Film Production are:
- to develop technical skills that are fundamental to on-set film production,
- to acquire and model accepted industry practices, including those regarding professional collaborations, safety and ethical standards, to demonstrate employment marketability in the film industry.