Biology Laboratory and Research
Laboratory Safety Information
- Safety Guidelines for Chemicals Hazardous
- Finding the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for a Chemical
- How to Read a MSDS
Laboratory and Field Safety
- Safety Checklist for Student Research
- Biology Laboratory Safety Rules and Procedures
- Biology Field Safety Rules and Procedures
Other Laboratory-Related Forms
Undergraduate Student Research Information
Why do research?
- Work one-on-one with a faculty member as you explore your interests and define your career goals.
- Contribute to the creation of scientific breakthroughs as you sharpen your critical and analytical thinking skills while helping inform communities.
- Complement and expand your classroom learning and extend your intellectual property by preparing yourself for graduate-level study and professional school.
- Present your research at scientific meetings, while offering opportunities of publications in journals, teaching assistantships, and internships, leading to potential employment after graduation.
To find a research mentor, speak to a professor whose research interests you by visiting the Faculty Directory. Additional information about internship programs, including the necessary forms for signing up can be found on the Internships page.