Joint Enrollment is a program in which a student, while continuing his/her enrollment in high school as a junior or senior, enrolls in courses for college credit.
You will be prompted to create your GAfutures account. Simply complete your profile and navigate to the Clayton State University application. Please retain your GAfutures login information
Note: Home School Applicants from accredited home school programs are processed and held to the same admission standards as all other applicants. Applicants who have not completed an accredited home school program must apply using the portfolio method. View the Home School Portfolio Method
Application Fee is $40.
Certificate of Immunization
Submit a Certificate of Immunization.
Proof of Lawful Presence
Submit a Proof of Lawful Presence.
High School Transcript
Applicants must submit a high school transcript that reflects 1 full year of high school academics. Official transcripts must have the institution’s seal and must be presented in an unopened official envelope from the sending institution. Once we receive your transcript, you will complete orientation and register for classes with your Dual Enrollment Advisor.
Submit an official transcript
We can accept your transcripts in-person, by mail, or electronically.
You may mail or deliver your transcripts to: Office of Undergraduate Admissions Edgewater Hall, Suite 150 2000 Clayton State Boulevard Morrow, GA 30260-0285
We currently accept electronic transcripts from E-Transcript providers such as:
If your previous school(s), college(s), or universities offer this service, submit official transcripts to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Official Test Scores
- Minimum SAT Score of 1050 (Combined Critical Reading & Math) with at least 480 in Reading and 440 in Math.
- New SAT Minimum 24 on Reading and 22 on Math (Once converted must equal 970) Understanding your SAT score conversion. View the College Board's SAT Conversion Table (Please use Table 5 and Table 12 for conversion) OR
- Minimum ACT Composite score of 20 with at least 17 English and 17 Math
Official SAT or ACT results must be submitted to Clayton State directly from the testing service. Copies provided by an applicant are not acceptable.
Request any AP/ IB scores (if applicable)
- Clayton State University SAT code #5145 & Clayton State University ACT code #0803
Take the SAT or ACT
Clayton State University periodically administers the SAT and ACT on site. Contact the Testing Center for more information.
- Successful completion of the 9th grade is required to enroll in Clayton State University as a high school student.
- A minimum cumulative high school grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 in academic subjects as calculated by the institution for admission purposes.
- Students must be on-track towards the completion of the USG Required High School Curriculum (RHSC) and high school graduation requirements.
- Students applying to participate in the Dual Enrollment program must submit a completed Dual Enrollment Student Participation Agreement signed by the student, parent/guardian and high school counselor. If the student is not applying to the Dual Enrollment program, written consent of his or her parent/guardian must be submitted.
- All students must satisfy the immunization requirements prior to the first day of classes.
Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Policy
Dual Enrollment students are required to maintain a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA and must successfully complete a minimum of 67% of the cumulative credit hours attempted (cumulative earned hours/cumulative attempted hours). Grades of F, W, WF, W$, U, U%, IP, IP%, I, and NR do not indicate successfully completed courses. Students who are not meeting SAP because of completion ratio and/or cumulative GPA are allowed to receive financial aid for one term with a status of WARNING. Students are notified by email when they are placed in a WARNING status and no appeal is necessary to receive aid for this status. Students must meet the SAP requirements at the end of their next term of enrollment or lose Dual Enrollment funding eligibility. http://www.clayton.edu/financial-aid/SAP
Fall: July 15
Spring: November 15
Summer: April 15