Qualified high school students can begin working toward their college degree, while also earning high school credit through the Dual Enrollment Program. Students earn dual credit for courses in a supportive college environment at Clayton State.
You will be prompted to create your GAfutures.org account. Simply complete your profile and navigate to the Clayton State University application. Please retain your GAfutures.org login information
Note: Home School Applicants from accredited home school programs are processed and held to the same admission standards as all other applicants. Applicants who have not completed an accredited home school program must apply using the portfolio method. View the Home School Portfolio Method.
Need help with the application process? Watch the video below!
Applicants must submit a high school transcript that reflects 1 full year of high school academics. Official transcripts must have the institution’s seal and must be presented in an unopened official envelope from the sending institution. Once we receive your transcript, you will complete orientation and register for classes with your Dual Enrollment Advisor.
Submit an official transcript
We can accept your transcripts in-person, by mail, or electronically.
You may mail or deliver your transcripts to: Office of Undergraduate Admissions Edgewater Hall, Suite 150 2000 Clayton State Boulevard Morrow, GA 30260-0285
We currently accept electronic transcripts from E-Transcript providers such as:
- Mail (Admissions-Edgewater Hall)
- Walk-In (Admissions-Edgewater Hall)
If your previous school(s), college(s), or universities offer this service, submit official transcripts to: email@example.com.
Submit Official SAT/ACT/Accuplacer Scores
For Spring 2022 and beyond, official test scores are required for Dual Enrollment, Freshman, and Freshman Transfer admission. Dual Enrollment student can submit SAT, ACT, or Accuplacer test scores. The Test Optional criteria previously used for 2020 and 2021 admission ended with the Fall 2021 term.
Similarly, applicants seeking to submit AP/IB scores, which are not necessary for admission but are encouraged for students seeking college credit, must also be submitted from the testing service. See this page for more information on Clayton State's AP Credit Policy.
When requesting scores, use Clayton State University's College Board code #5145 for the SAT test and for AP exams. Use Clayton State University's ACT code #0803 for the ACT test.
Minimum scores for admission
480 - Evidence-based Reading & Writing
440 - Math
17 - English or Reading
17 - Math
17 - Composite
237 - Reading
260 - Math
4 - WritePlacer
Take the ACT, SAT, or Accuplacer at Clayton State
Clayton State University periodically administers college entrance and placement exams, including the SAT, ACT, and Accuplacer, at our on-site testing center. Contact Testing Center at (678) 466-4495, for more information.
- Successful completion of the 9th grade is required to enroll in Clayton State University as a high school student.
- A minimum cumulative high school grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 in academic subjects as calculated by the institution for admission purposes.
- Students must be on track towards the completion of the USG Required High School Curriculum (RHSC) and high school graduation requirements.
- Students applying to participate in the Dual Enrollment program must submit a completed Dual Enrollment Student Participation Agreement signed by the student, parent/guardian, and high school counselor. If the student is not applying to the Dual Enrollment program, written consent of his or her parent/guardian must be submitted.
- All students must satisfy the Immunization requirements prior to the first day of classes.
Fall: July 15
Spring: November 15
Summer: April 15