To give a dream life, you must believe in it. Nurture it. Insist upon it until it becomes real in your hands. We should know. Clayton State University was born from a dream of making higher education more accessible to all of Georgia’s citizens.
Over 40 years later, we are a dream made real, serving not only Georgia but every region of the United States and more than 30 foreign countries. Turning dreams into reality is now our specialty. And we believe in your dream. Let us help you make it real.
An Affordable Choice
We believe financial circumstances should never get in the way of your dreams. That's why we offer various types of aid for eligible students — scholarships, loans, grants — to put education within your reach.
Hands-On and Engaged Learning
Learning goes beyond the classroom at Clayton State University. Through experiential learning opportunities and internships, you’ll learn how to apply the theories you study in the classroom to the real-world issues within your field of interest.
- Take part in an internship in Atlanta, Georgia’s diverse, thriving capital.
- Work in our nursing simulation lab or Dental Hygiene Clinic.
- Perform in renowned Spivey Hall.
- Every hands-on learning opportunity will take you closer to the career of your dreams.
A Welcoming Campus
Natural surroundings, walkable paths, and quiet lakes make Clayton State a beautiful place to learn.
Empowerment Through Top Academics
Your time, your finances, and your dream are precious. We know you need to be sure that the university you entrust with them is going to empower you with the resources and expertise you need for your future.
Don’t worry: we’ve got them. In fact, our academic reputation is one of the top reasons students come to Clayton State University.
- Ranked among the nation’s top 140 universities in the South by U.S. News and World Report
- Ranked among most affordable colleges and universities for incoming freshman who demonstrate need by The Student Loan Report
- 12th among Atlanta’s 25 largest colleges and universities by Atlanta Business Chronicle
We know that to make a dream real, it helps to have a community of people who want you to succeed as much as you do. That’s exactly what you have when you come to Clayton State –– a family who will be with you every step of the way.
Count on us for:
- Individualized and continuous advising services
- Faculty who are experts in their fields and dedicated to your learning
- A Center for Academic Success complete with tutoring services and workshops
- Mental health support through our Counseling and Psychological Services
- Resources for veterans
- Ways to get involved and make friends through student organizations and volunteering
- Clayton State offers campus safety and security services such as 24-hour foot and vehicle patrols, late night transport/escort service, 24-hour emergency telephones, and lighted pathways/sidewalks.
Clayton State is your ticket to becoming a competitive player in the workforce. With our connections to top industries in Atlanta, see where your degree can take you.
Human Resources Coordinator
Chief Operations Officer
Doctor of Emergency Medicine
Located just 15 miles outside of Atlanta. Clayton State is close to all the city has to offer.
What’s one of the best ways to realize a dream? Trade perspectives. Learn about one another. Develop respect for all people in this global community of which we are each a citizen. In doing so, you give your dream depth, versatility, stay power, and humanity.
We believe in this so much that we have built inclusion and diversity into our very structure — our people, our classrooms, our campus life. That’s why we are consistently recognized by US News & World Report as having the most diverse student body among colleges and universities in the South.
And that’s not all. Clayton State has:
- Students from over 37 foreign countries
- 8 homegrown study-abroad programs
- Several multicultural programs
- Resources for those with documented disabilities
- Resources and scholarships for underrepresented groups
- 65+ student groups for students to pursue diverse interests