Students who complete degree requirements Fall 2019 are eligible to participate in the commencement ceremony on Saturday, December 7, 2019. Graduates who elect not to participate in this ceremony will not be eligible to walk in a future ceremony unless they earn a new degree.
Participating in ceremony
Registration begins on October 28, 2019. Please go to www.clayton.edu/registrar/Graduation to register to participate. The deadline for registering is Sunday, November 17, 2019. Students who do not register to participate in the ceremony will not be allowed to do so, nor will they receive tickets to the ceremony.
Caps & Gowns
Oakhalli handles cap and gown orders. You may visit their website for more information. Please be sure to order your cap and gown early to ensure delivery in time for commencement.
Where and When to Report
The Registrar's Office will have a check-in station set up at the bottom of the stairs on the first floor of the University Center, in front of the Lakeside Dining Hall. All graduates who participate in the ceremony must check in prior to the beginning of the procession.
Because all final grades will not be reported to the Office of the Registrar until after commencement, we will not be distributing diplomas at the ceremony. We will be conducting final audits of all graduates in the weeks following commencement. Diplomas for SPRING graduates will be available approximately 8 weeks after Commencement. You will be notified by mail and email when your diploma is ready. Please ensure that the Office of the Registrar has your current address and phone numbers on file by logging onto the DUCK. Please make sure to deactivate any addresses that are no longer correct or current.
Honors, Fraternities and Sororities
Clayton State University strives to recognize the exemplary accomplishments of our graduates. Students who are qualified members of nationally-recognized honor societies or nationally-recognized registered student organizations (ex. fraternities and sororities) that are also recognized at the institution, during their studies at Clayton State University have been granted authorization to wear regalia from those organizations during the Commencement ceremonies. The only types of regalia items that may be approved are honor cords or stoles. If you have a question regarding regalia for a specific organization, please contact Atawanna Royal, Assistant Director of Student Organizations in the Department of Campus Life at AtawannaRoyal@clayton.edu. Please note that all regalia requirements as specified by the Registrar’s Office for graduation should be followed and supersede additional student organization regalia requirements. Students may wear the appropriate symbol of membership in the following organizations:
- Students graduating with Academic Honors (GPA) from CSU – Gold Honor Cord
- Honors Program - Gold Medallion
- Alpha Kappa Alpha - Pink and Green Stole
- Alpha Kappa Lambda - Purple and Gold Stole
- Alpha Lambda Delta National Honor Society - Red, Gold, and White Stole, Cord, or Medallion
- Alpha Phi Alpha - Black and Gold Stole
- Alpha Phi Omega National Service Fraternity - Blue and Gold
- American Medical Student Association – Royal Blue and Gold Cord
- Beta Beta Beta - Biology - Red and Green Honor Cords
- Beta Gamma Sigma - Blue and Gold Cord
- Clayton State University Athletes - Orange Stole
- Delta Sigma Theta - Red and White Stole
- Kappa Alpha Psi - Red and White Stole
- Kappa Delta Pi, International Honor Society – Purple and Green Cord, Silver and Purple Stole or Medallion
- Military Veterans - Red, White, and Blue Cord or Stole
- NAACP Collegiate Chapter - Black, Red, Green & Gold Stole or Blue and Gold Stole
- NAfME - Pink Cord or Pink and White Stole
- National Student Nurses Association (SNA) - Blue and White cord or Blue and Orange cord
- Phi Beta Sigma – Blue and White Stole
- Psi Chi International Honor Society – Blue and White Cord, Gray, Blue, and White Stole, or Black Medallion
- Sigma Alpha Pi, National Society of Leadership and Success - Black and White Stole and Cords
- Sigma Gamma Rho - Blue and Yellow Stole
- Sigma Tau Delta, International English Honor Society – Red and Black Stole, Cord, or Medallion
- Sigma Theta Tau National Honor Society - Purple and White Stole
- Society for Human Resource Management - Navy Blue, Light Blue, and White stole, cord, or medallion
- Zeta Phi Beta - Blue and White Stole
Unauthorized ornamentation is prohibited. If your item is not on the list above, you may not wear it during the ceremony. If any university official deems the attire to be inappropriate, the student will be asked to remove the unapproved item or the student may be denied participation in the graduation ceremony
Students participating in the graduation ceremony will have an opportunity to purchase individual photographs from a professional photographer. Proofs will be emailed directly to the student. Village Photographers may be contacted at their website: www.villagephotographers.com or 1-800-444-7427.
ALL GUESTS REGARDLESS OF AGE (this includes infants) MUST HAVE A TICKET IN ORDER TO BE ADMITTED TO THE UNDERGRADUATE CEREMONY ON SATURDAY. Guests without tickets will be directed to one of the alternate viewing sites (Student Activity Center or the University Center Auditorium)