Music Preparatory School
Missed Lessons Policies
Regular attendance at all lessons and classes for the registered session is expected. Students are charged for all lessons/classes including those missed due to student absence.
- Since an individual instructor has a reserved weekly teaching time, any missed lesson due to student absence will not be made up, credited, or refunded.
- As a courtesy to your teacher/instructor, please notify your teacher 24 hour or more in advance of any absence.
- Exception to this policy is made for students who are unable to attend lessons or classes due to a long-term medical issue (3 or more consecutive weeks). They should submit a written notification along with a physician's note to the instructor for make-up lessons consideration. These students may submit a written notification to the Director of the Music Preparatory School for consideration of a credit/refund for lessons/classes missed. These notifications should be given to the instructor or director as soon as possible.
- In the event the instructor cancels a lesson or class, a make-up lesson will be offered at a mutually convenient time.
- If a student cancels an agreed-upon make-up lesson, it will not be rescheduled or reimbursed.
- If lessons/classes have been suspended because tuition payment is delinquent, no lessons/classes/make-up lessons will be given.
Group Classes missed due to student’s absence will not be rescheduled and there will be no refund/credit of tuition in any circumstance.
- When inclement weather or any other unforeseeable circumstances force the closing of the school for safety considerations, classes and lessons will not be made up and no reimbursement will be made. When Clayton State University is closed due to weather, the Community Music School will also be closed.
Withdrawal from Lessons
If a student withdraws any time between the day of the first lesson and the end of the third week of the Music Preparatory School session, they will be billed for the lessons from the time of enrollment and a $25 cancellation fee.
There are no refunds after the third week of the Music Preparatory School session, and students will be charged and responsible for the full session tuition.
Group Classes: Tuition for group classes is not refundable unless classes are cancelled due to insufficient enrollment.