Personal Training provides an individualized fitness experience to current Clayton State University students and Fitness Center members.
The goal of the Personal Training Program is to assist clients in achieving physical fitness benefits effectively.
A Personal Trainer will work with participants to recommend and instruct proper exercise techniques while teaching safe and effective use of fitness equipment.
Personal Trainers may NOT provide nutrition advice or individualized nutrition plans.
For an individualized nutrition plan, please visit the Nutrition Counseling page.
All personal trainers are current Clayton State University students who have obtained a nationally recognized personal training certification (ACSM, NSCA, ACE, AFAA, NASM, etc.) and have purchased their own liability insurance.
Each package includes an initial consultation (1 hour in length) prior to the first personal training session.
No refunds will be issued after initial purchase.
1 hour each
BUDDY TRAINING (2 INDIVIDUALS):
1 hour each
| Current Fitness
WORKOUTS TO GO:
$5 - 1 workout
$20 - 5 workouts
BRING A PERSONAL TRAINER TO YOU!
Bring a Personal Trainer to your organization/department event!
$28 for 1 hour of...
A) Group training session
B) Health/fitness info session
C) Combo of A nd B
MEET OUR PERSONAL TRAINER:
How do I sign up for a Personal Trainer?
- Clients may sign up for a Fitness Assessment or an Instructional Session by contacting SAC Front Desk.
- Payment of cash, check, credit, or Laker bucks is accepted. Clients will be given a policies & procedures packet at this time.
- Clients MUST turn in all completed paperwork to the SAC Front Desk BEFORE their first appointment. This gives the selected Personal Trainer time to evaluate and prepare for each client.
- Recreation & Wellness reserves the right to request a physician’s clearance form if necessary.
- A Personal Trainer will contact the prospective client about the initial fitness assessment.
- Future appoints may be scheduled with the Personal Trainer after the client completes an initial fitness assessment.
How are Personal Trainers selected for employment?
Only certified Clayton State University student personal trainers will provide Personal Training services to the campus community inside the SAC Fitness Center.
To be eligible for employment with Recreation and Wellness Personal Trainers MUST:
1. Be a currently enrolled student at Clayton State University
2. Possess a nationally recognized Personal Training certification (ACSM, NSCA, ACE, AFAA, NASM etc.)
3. Possess a valid First Aid/CPR/AED Certification (ARC or AHA)
4. Obtain their own liability insurance (http://www.personaltrainerinsurance.com/)
Current students who meet all prior qualifications will also be required to interview and conduct a 20 minute demo workout with the Associate Director of Recreation and Wellness.
Note: Independent contractors are not eligible for student employment positions within the Department of Recreation and Wellness.