1. Every Outdoor Adventure participant must have all trip & activity forms filled out completely and on file with the Assistant Director of Recreation & Wellness (Outdoor Adventure) in order to participate in any Outdoor Adventure Activity.
2. Cancellation/Refund Policy: Only if a trip is canceled by Outdoor Adventure or the participant finds a replacement more than one week before the trip is a refund possible. A receipt is required for refund. Participants will be refunded by check from Clayton State University.
3. It is the responsibility of every participant to attend meetings, clinics, and training sessions that have been scheduled for each trip or activity. Not attending the pre-trip meeting or scheduling an alternate time to meet with the Assistant Director of Recreation & Wellness (Outdoor Adventure) will drop the participant from the trip without refund.
4. Outdoor Adventure participants are responsible for outdoor equipment borrowed from Clayton State University Outdoor Adventure, and are responsible for the cost of any damage or loss. Beyond normal wear and tear
5. Participants are responsible for revealing any /all medical and health issues to Clayton State Outdoor Adventure on the health history form and via conversation to help manage safety concerns. Participants are responsible to carry all necessary medication.
6. Alcoholic beverages and other mind altering substances are not allowed at any time during a Clayton State University Outdoor Adventure activity.
7. If a participant voluntarily leaves a group that participant will assume responsibility for themselves and will assume responsibility of return transportation.
8. Leave No Trace Principles, values and guidelines will be practiced on all Outdoor Adventure trips & Activities. If you have any questions about the principles below ask.
LEAVE NO TRACE PRINCIPLES
1. Plan & Prepare Ahead 5. Minimize Campfire Impacts
2. Travel & Camp on Durable Surfaces 6. Respect Wildlife
3. Dispose of Waste Properly 7. Be Considerate of Other Visitors
4. Leave What You Find
9. In order to remain a trip participant with Clayton State Outdoor Adventure, participants must follow all program and university policies and the trip leader during the trip or activity.