There is a registration period BOTH within the Department of Recreation & Wellness AND at the University level.
University Level – At the University level, Club Sports must complete the registration process once a year. Appropriate forms must be submitted to Campus Life. The main contact is Atawanna Royal, Student Organizations Coordinator, at atawannaRoyal@mail.clayton.edu. (The registration process is not considered final until all steps have been completed. Until approval, Club Sports will not be permitted to reserve space, distribute marketing materials, receive a mailbox, or access allocated funds.)
Department Level – The Department of Recreation & Wellness will accept team applications year around, however the Club Sport Council will only vote on, and approve, new teams at the conclusion of each semester. Please be in contact with Christen Ruff.
University Registration Periods for 2012 - 2013:
Fall Semester: August – November (mid)
Spring Semester: January – March (mid)
1. Attend RESET Workshop as coordinated through Campus Life.
The Registration Enrichment Support and Educational Training (RESET) program is a new initiative intended to ensure that student organization leaders are properly equipped to lead their organizations successfully and utilize all of the available resources.
The goals of RESET are to:
· Help student organizations fulfill their mission statement and achieve their goals.
· Develop leadership knowledge and skills.
· Ensure that organizations are aware of university policies, procedures and resources.
· Promote responsibility, respect, and positive experiences through student organizations.
Each organization is responsible for sending one (1) representative for a RESET Registration briefing which will be coordinated by the office of Campus Life. One individual cannot represent multiple club sports at workshops. Visit http://www.clayton.edu/campus-life/organizations
2. Complete Registration – Each club president is responsible for will completing your club’s registration with the University internally. https://claytonstate.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_bwKo4s4w3TLPUws
3. Prepare Constitution – Provide an electronic copy of your constitution to Campus Life (email@example.com) and electronically.
4. Advisor Agreement Form – Work with Ms. Ruff to submit your club’s Advisor Agreement form.
5. Make Application for a New Club Sport to the Department of Recreation & Wellness
a. Complete the “New Sport Club Application” and a Constitution and submit to the Assistant Director of Recreation & Wellness.
b. Schedule an appointment to meet with the Assistant Director of Recreation & Wellness. Note, paperwork must be submitted a minimum of 48 hours in advance of the meeting with the Assistant Director of Recreation & Wellness.
6. Meet with the Assistant Director of Recreation & Wellness to Consider Request
a. The Assistant Director considers the feasibility of accommodating the requesting party using the support data provided.
b. Discuss recommendations on their prospective clubs constitution.
7. Meet with Director of Recreation & Wellness for Approval
a. Schedule a meeting with the Director of Recreation & Wellness.
b. Upon approval and completed university registration, a club sport will have the right to reserve space in the SAC Fitness Center.
Ms. Ruff will receive formal correspondence from Campus Life within 3 - 10 businessdays after submission and will inform the Club Sport. Upon approval, organizations will have the right to reserve space, distribute marketing materials, create a website, receive a mailbox, and apply for campus funds during the fall and spring semesters.
The Registration Application is not Considered Complete Until the Organization has:
a. Completed the Department of Recreation & Wellness Requirements.
b. Attended RESET Registration Workshop
c. Completed the online registration application
d. Emailed a copy of the Organization Constitution, and
e. Submitted a signed copy of the Advisor Agreement