Senior dental hygiene student Lauren Ringfield (Hampton, Ga.) was recently awarded the Emile T. Fisher Scholarship available through the Clayton State University Department of Dental Hygiene.
The Fisher Scholarship is available to students enrolled in the University’s Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene (BSDH) degree program. To be eligible, a student must:
• Demonstrate financial need;
• Maintain a college cumulative grade point average of 2.80;
• Intend to practice in Georgia (preferably in rural areas);
• Have not previously received a significant scholarship award;
• Be nominated by a faculty member of the BSDH program
“Lauren is a focused and determined student who represents Dental Hygiene well,” says Dr. Gail Barnes, acting department chair. “She has met all eligibility requirements and was voted to receive this prestigious award by the Dental Hygiene faculty with which she interacts daily.”
Ringfield is scheduled to graduate from Clayton State in spring 2012.