Clayton State University’s Small Business Development Center (SBDC) will be holding a “Starting a Business”workshop at the Griffin Welcome Center/Griffin Chamber of Commerce, 143 N. Hill St., in Griffin, on Tuesday, Apr. 24, from 9 a.m. to noon.
“Starting a Business” is a comprehensive workshop on important decisions that need to be made prior to opening a business. Topics for discussion include:
• traits of a successful entrepreneur
• legal structures for your business
• estimating start‐up costs
• calculating financial projections & break even analysis
• sources of capital & financing alternatives
• reasons for business failure
• writing a business plan
The cost is $69 per person with 50 percent off each additional person. All Clayton State students and employees also get 50percent off.
To register, go to; http://www.georgiasbdc.org/subpage.aspx?page_name=view_cart&addproduct=111025&cart=42bf1309-fcb0-4360-a239-8373c2ec544a.