The next installment of the Clayton State Small Business Development Center’s (SBDC) popular “Starting a Business” workshop will be held on Tuesday, Sept. 11, from 9 a.m. to noon at Clayton State – East, 5823 Trammell Road, Morrow.
If you are considering starting a business, this workshop is a crucial first step. Topics for discussion will include:
* traits of a successful entrepreneur
* legal structures for your business
* estimating start-up costs
* calculating financial projections & break even analysis
* sources of capital & financing alternatives
* reasons for business failure
* writing a business plan
“Since lack of planning is one of the top reasons new businesses fail, attending this comprehensive workshop may be one of the most important decisions you make prior to opening your business,” says SBDC Director Alisa Kirk.
PowerPoint handouts and a book, “How to Start a Business: A Guide for Georgia Entrepreneurs” are provided as part of the $69 registration fee.
To register, go to:
Current Clayton State students and staff receive a 50 percent discount if they contact SBDC’s Heather Chaney at (678) 466-5100 for the discount code.