Clayton State University’s Small Business Development Center (SBDC) will be hosting a “Starting a Business” workshop, a comprehensive workshop on important decisions you make prior to opening a business. The workshop will be held on Tuesday, Jan. 10, 2012, from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., in the main building at Clayton State -- East.
If you are considering starting a business, this workshop is a crucial first step. Topics for discussion include:
• traits of a successful entrepreneur
• legal structures for your business
• estimating start‐up costs
• calculating financial projections & break even analysis
• sources of capital & financing alternatives
• reasons for business failure
• writing a business plan
PowerPoint handouts and a book, “How to Start a Business: A Guide for Georgia Entrepreneurs” will be provided.
The cost is $69 per person with 50 percent off for each additional person. All Clayton State students, faculty and staff also get 50 percent off.
To register, go to: http://www.georgiasbdc.org/subpage.aspx?cart=15374f34-1e93-48ac-a67b-f278d517bd34&page_name=view_cart&addproduct=110882