The final deadlines for applications and supporting documents for international graduate students are:
The Department of Teacher Education looks forward to your application for admissions to the Master of Arts in Teaching – Secondary Education!
Acceptance is granted on a space available basis. Applicants that meet all admission requirements will be ranked according to their qualifications and admitted in order of their rank, starting with the most qualified, until all available spaces are filled. As such, not all individuals who meet the admission requirements may be admitted.
Incomplete applications will result in a delay in admission to the M.A.T. Program.
PREREQUISITE: Admission to the School of Graduate Studies.
APPLICATION PACKET: To apply to the MAT Program you will need to submit a packet to the School of Graduate Studies. The packet should include the following nine items:
*Proof of exemption documents:
3. Copy of GRE scores (even if not used for proof of exemption in #3)
4. All official transcripts from previous undergraduate or graduate institutions
5. Three completed Recommendation Forms (PDF or Word) - please note: When you complete the on-line application for graduate admission you will have the opportunity to send your recommenders an email so they can submit their recommendation letter electronically. Once you have submitted your on-line application you will not be able to return to it to enter your recommender’s contact details and must, instead, submit a hard copy of the form once completed.
6. A Certificate of Completion for GACE 350 – Program Entry Ethics as required for admission to the program.
Registering for the Educator Ethics assessment is a four-step process:
You should complete the seven modules in 2.5-3 hours, and include the Certificate of Completion in the application packet.
7. The GAPSC Pre-Certification Application Form – (request this from the Concentration Area Coordinator). The completed form should be returned to the Concentration Coordinator in your application package. Do not submit it to the GAPSC. Pages 1, 2, and 4 must be completed in their entirety and submitted, along with a copy of an acceptable ID
8. Essay Question Responses - As part of the completed application packet, prospective students should submit responses to three essay probes. Your response should be no longer than 1and 1/2 pages ea.