Loch will participate at on-campus events and games and as approved at off-campus events (off-site championship games, Board of Regents events, campus promotional events, Homecoming parades, etc.). Qualifying non-athletic, on-campus events include, but are not limited to:
- Campus-sanctioned events
- Pep Rallies
- Auxiliary Services Promotions
- Events organized by Recognized Student Organizations
- Events organized by campus service departments (Homecoming, Open House, Freshman Premier, FYARC, etc.)
- Alumni events
Non-qualifying events (some exceptions may be made)
- Off-campus, non-athletic events
- Parties, reunions, receptions
Reservations and scheduling
All requests for Loch will be coordinated by the Director of Auxiliary Services and authorized based upon availability and appropriateness of event.
- Requests must be submitted online via Qualtrics survey least two weeks prior to event - https://claytonstate.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_3mA7f9u2J3gwk0B
- Requestors acknowledge agreement of these policies and procedures
- Confirmation of funds to cover fees may be required before scheduling and will be requested through the CSU’s Budget Office.
- By submitting a request, you acknowledge availability of sufficient funds in your student assistant account to cover appearance fee (see below).
| Weekday (Monday - Friday)
|| $25 minimum for first 2-hour increment (or partial)
$12.50 per hour (or partial) beyond first two hours
| Weekend (Saturday or Sunday)
|| $35/two-hour event or any fraction thereof
$17.50 per hour (or partial) beyond first two hours
| All funds will go to student playing Loch. Auxiliary Services retains none of the fee.
- Upon reservation, requestor must provide departmental accounting string for billing.
- After completion of event, a journal entry will be entered by Auxiliary Services to initiate the charge. This charge will post to the requesting department’s student assistant fund.
Event expectations (appropriate/inappropriate behavior)
While performing at an event, Loch is expected to interact and perform as appropriate for the venue.
- Mascot’s identity should be kept secret at all times.
- Be a positive representative of the university and promote school spirit
- Should not be distracting during the national anthem, when another group is performing or someone is speaking, during serious injuries, or anytime that is deemed inappropriate.
- Never dress/undress in public
- Never speak while in costume except to the handler as needed
- Never degrade officials, athletes, or any guests of an event
Arrival time for events
- Loch will arrive approximately 15 prior to the beginning of each event to dress and prepare for event.
Requesting department is expected to provide a handler/assistant for Loch before, during, and after an event. Handler’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assistance with getting into and out of costume, if needed
- Escort to performance location
- Crowd control at event
- Communication with individuals or groups on behalf of Loch (Loch is not allowed to speak while performing)
- Encourage crowd participation
- Assist Loch with movement from location to location
- Assist with handling small items or fliers because of Loch’s limited dexterity
- Monitor Loch’s physical needs such as water and break from wearing the head
- Loch should be given at least one water break during any event over one hour or as needed based upon heat
- Water or costume breaks should be conducted in private
- We request at least 48 hours notice to cancel an appearance by Loch at an event.
- Cancellations should be submitted by email to the Director of Auxiliary Services.