Clayton State University Department of Public Safety announces changes to parking decals:
Faculty and Staff, the deadline to purchase your parking decals for the Spring semester is approaching. The deadline is February 1 to avoid potential citations.
Parking Services is an auxiliary budget which is dependent on student fee revenue to cover much of Public Safety’s operational costs that include police and security officers, dispatchers, security cameras, emergency phones and campus lighting. Historically, we have been fortunate to maintain a parking reserve balance to support operational and security costs. However, a large amount of this reserve was needed to purchase the 13-acre Trammel property that lies between main campus and CSU East which will provide a much needed rear exit from the main campus.
Parking Services has decreased its expenses as much as possible and changed processes to become more efficient. To continue providing the level of service required to maintain a safe and secure campus, additional funding sources are needed.
Implementation of parking fees begins Spring Semester 2017.
Fee amounts are assessed as follows:
Employee salary ranges:
Under $25,000—fee of $10/semester
$25,000 and above---fee of $20/semester
(At this time, there will be no fee assessment for Summer semesters.)
- Fees are to be paid to Public Safety with these options: cash, check, credit or debit card, or by payroll deduction.
- A new faculty/staff vehicle registration form will need to be completed each semester, as a new decal will be issued each semester (to be affixed to the larger four year parking permit issued last Fall). The form can be obtained from Public Safety in Edgewater Hall or online at the Public Safety website http://www.clayton.edu/public-safety under the Parking Services link (Vehicle Registration).
- The forms can be completed and scanned back by email to Parking Services Supervisor Wanda Zellars at email@example.com or completed and hand carried to Public Safety customer service window, located on the second floor in Edgewater Hall. Payments should not be mailed to Public Safety and decals must be picked up at Public Safety. They will not be sent by campus mail. Date of availability for each semester’s decals will always be announced by campus wide email. Fees are due and payable at the beginning of each semester, with deadlines being September 1 and February 1 of each respective semester.
- The decals must be affixed to the parking permit on the inside of the vehicle’s window. Do not cover the permit number with the decals.
- New employees may obtain the larger four year parking permit at no charge, but must pay the appropriate fee for the decals to be issued each semester.
We appreciate your understanding and support of this much needed fee assessment.