The Study Abroad Office (SAO) at Clayton State University (CSU) presents the Study Abroad Global Ambassador (GA) Program. This program aims to connect CSU students who have participated in study abroad programs with students who have shown interest in studying abroad; who are preparing for an upcoming study abroad program; hosting international guests visiting CSU; acting as a conversation partner with an international student; and students who are not aware of the educational traveling opportunities while in pursuit of a degree at Clayton State University.
· This is a yearlong service program (i.e. the program will run from mid-summer of 2016 to the end of spring 2017).
· Preparation into the program begins during the summer semester. Contact the Study Abroad Office for more information on starting the process at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Active participation begins in early July before the fall semester.
· A meet and greet is held at a reserved location during the summer semester. This is a time to meet with other fellow global ambassadors for the new year and learn about the program from the SAO.
· Failure to receive a signature will result in incomplete service hours.Service hours are documented by an SAO form that is turned in each period service hours have been rendered. It is the Global Ambassador’s (GA) responsibility to keep track of their service hours provided. Global Ambassador’s MUST get a designated CSU faculty or staff member to sign off on the service hour form before the end of each event.
Becoming a Global Ambassador:
· Attend a CSU Study Abroad Program.
· Be in Good Academic Standing.
· Have at least one term remaining at CSU (i.e. If you plan to graduate at the end of the fall semester you must complete all service hours before graduation).
· Readiness to participate in events and activities.
- Completing the Confirmation of Application Form provided by the SAO.
· Short summary (no more than 200 words) on why you would make a great CSU Global Ambassador. This is in conjunction with the Confirmation of Application Form.
· Global Ambassador Certificate Awarded from the Study Abroad Office (SAO) upon Completion.
· Letter of Recommendation upon Completion.
· Competitive Resume.
· Service Learning Opportunities.
· Experience in International Education and Relations.
· Gain Skills in Community Outreach, Event Planning, Writing, Marketing and Communication.
· Strengthen Leadership Abilities.
Expectations of CSU Global Ambassadors:
Ambassadors are required to complete 15-20 hours of service in order for completion throughout the late summer, fall, and spring semesters of the school year.
4 out of the 5 service learning tasks must be completed. (i.e. The ambassador may decide to devote their other services hours to four particular areas (listed below).
Presentations, Volunteer at Study Abroad Fairs, Volunteer at International Program Events & Socialize, International Conversation Partner, Share your experience on social media or the SAO social media sites:
For further information regarding the Global Ambassador Program review the GA Handbook