Coca-Cola is helping Clayton State University make dreams real for some deserving students. The Coca-Cola Foundation, the philanthropic arm of the beverage giant, has given the University $500,000 to support scholarship for first-generation students, as well as women in STEM programs. The funds targets students who are high achievers and demonstrate a financial need.
The University will award the following:
50 - $10,000 scholarships:
- 25 Women in STEM
- 25 First-Generation students:
- 10 awarded for Supply Chain Management, meeting one of the state of Georgia’s workforce need through its High Demand Career Initiative.
- 15 awarded for all majors
There are two types of scholarship programs for eligible students–First Generation and Women in STEM Fields.
A first-generation (first-gen) college student is a student whose parent(s) or legal guardian(s) have not completed a bachelor's degree. A first-generation student is the first in their family to attend a four-year college or university to attain a bachelor's degree.
Women in STEM
The women in STEM have embraced their dreams and proven to society that women are skilled in the fields of science, math, technology, and engineering. Clayton State University STEM majors include:
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
What are the benefits of being a Coca-Cola Scholar at Clayton State University?
In addition to the HOPE scholarship and other financial aid awarded, Coca-Cola Scholars receive:
- $3250 per year for tuition and fees (for 2 consecutive years)
- $1750 per year for Experiential Learning (study abroad, competitions, conferences, etc.)
What does it take to be a Coca-Cola Scholar?
To be considered for the competitive Coca-Cola Scholarship award, students must:
- Be a current or admitted student for the Fall 2018 semester
- Have approximately 60 or more credit hours by Fall 2018
- Submit an application for the scholarship program
- Write and submit a 500 word application essay
- Provide prospective experiential learning activities (study abroad, competitions, conferences, etc.)
- Attend a mandatory formal interview (if selected as a finalist)
Eligibility qualifications include:
- Grade Point Average of 2.85 or above*
- Enrolled as a full-time degree seeking student
- Completed FAFSA required, to demonstrate financial need
- First Generation student or female enrolled in a qualified STEM program
In 500 words or less, explain how the Coca-Cola Scholarship will assist help you attain your career goals?
Scholarship applicants must provide 2 Faculty references
Scholarship applicants must provide 2 possible Experiential Learning activities of interest
Complete Coca-Cola Scholarship Application
The deadline to apply for the 2018 Coca-Cola Scholarship is: April 15, 2018
For questions about the scholarship, contact:
Office of Undergraduate Recruitment and Admissions
678-466-4115 | firstname.lastname@example.org