If you search for "Scott Michael Bailey" on Google, you may get the proverbial plethora of websites devoted to some soap opera star. In some circles, he may be considered "more dreamy" than I. Nevertheless, I have a bit to offer those who have found the website of this self-declared "more awesome" Scott Michael Bailey.
It's possible we already know each other:
- I am currently an Associate Professor of Mathematics at Clayton State University in Morrow, GA. Perhaps you are a colleague of mine at the department, or a current (or past, maybe future) student of mine;
- Between 2008 and 2011, I was a Visiting Assistant Professor of Mathematics at the University of Rochester in upstate New York. Perhaps you are a past colleague or student of mine;
- Between 2002 and 2008, I was a graduate student and SCS Instructor at Northwestern University in Evanston, IL. Perhaps you were a classmate, a past student of mine, or my advisor;
- During my time at Northwestern, I co-founded the now semi-famous mathematics a cappella group, The Klein Four. Perhaps you are one of our somewhat many fans around the globe, and you would like to buy Klein Four merchandise. If you would like to buy our CD, Musical Fruitcake, you can find it on iTunes, Napster, Rhapsody, MusicMatch, or any of your favorite online music stores;
- Between 1998 and 2002 I attended Cornell University in Ithaca, NY. Perhaps you are a classmate, or one of my professors;
- I went to high school in "upstate New York" in the Valley Central School District in Orange County (the real O.C. I've heard). Perhaps you are one of my many classmates, or teachers.
This site is meant to expand further on the above list of my endeavors, and hopefully be updated to log my future endeavors. Whether you want to find out more about me, or about the math that I do or have done, you have certainly come to the right place. Welcome, and enjoy!