|Dr. Bram Boroson
Want to learn all about the Big Bang? Read an article I wrote for New Principia online magazine on "The Secrets Behind the Earliest Picture of the Universe"
Below: A video lecture front of a glass board on the Right Hand Rule. I'm behind the glass, so write normally, but then the video is L-R flipped. This meant I had to use the Left hand to demonstrate the Right Hand Rule! Confusing!
I'm developing a "Citizen Science" site that helps people discover patterns in flickering X-rays from black holes. You can even hear the flickering converted into sound. Click here to try out the site.
I am working with Saku Vrtilek of the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics on a new method to find which stars are neutron stars and which are black holes
Follow me on Twitter
Associate Professor of Astronomy and Physics
University of Colorado
- (2014) FUSE Observations of a Full Orbit of Scorpius X-1, by Boroson, Vrtilek, and Raymond
- (2013) Model independent means of categorizing X-ray binaries. I: Colour-Colour-Intensity Diagrams, by Vrtilek and Boroson
- (2011) Revisiting with Chandra the Scaling Relations of the X-ray Emission Components (Binaries, Nuclei, and Hot Gas) of Early-type Galaxies, by Boroson, Kim, & Fabbiano
- (2010) X-ray Variations at the Orbital Period From Cygnus X-1 in the High/Soft State by Boroson and Vrtilek
- (2010) Suzaku X-ray Spectra and Pulse Profile Variations During the Superorbital Cycle of LMC X-4 by Hung, Hickox,Boroson, & Vrtilek
- (2008) Ultraviolet Observations of the X-ray Photoionized Wind of Cygnus X-1 During X-ray Soft/High State by Vrtilek, Boroson, Hunacek, Gies, and Bolton
- (2003) Chandra Grating Spectroscopy of the X-Ray Binary 4U 1700-37 in a Flaring State by Boroson, Vrtilek, Kallman, & Corcoran
- (2001) Hot Outflowing Gas from the X-Ray Binary Hercules X-1 by Boroson, Vrtilek, & Kallman
- (2001) Testing Hydrodynamic Models of LMC X-4 with Ultraviolet and X-Ray Spectra, by Boroson, Kallman, Blondin, & Owen