Monday - Friday
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Student Activities Center
2000 Clayton State Blvd.
Morrow, Georgia 30260
(678) 466 - LIFE - Voice
(678) 466 - 5470 - Fax
For general information, contact: CampusLife@clayton.edu
CLAYTON STATE UNIVERSITY
UNIVERSITY POSTING AND ANNOUNCEMENT POLICY
The following posting regulations are intended to protect campus facilities and improve the University aesthetics. Postings not in accordance with the regulations will be removed and discarded. Failure to adhere to the regulations may result in a conduct code violation for students and student organizations. Academic and administrative unit violations will be reported to the appropriate administrator. Non-University violators will be reported to the Department of Public Safety and may be banned from accessing campus facilities and grounds. The Department of Campus Life will enforce the posting policy in Edgewater Hall, the James M. Baker University Center and the Student Activities Center. For other Academic and Administrative Facilities, please notify the appropriate administrative unit of any infraction.
Posting privileges for approved activities, events, programs, and announcements on campus are limited to recognized student organizations, Athletics, academic and administrative units. Non-University persons, businesses, vendors or non-profit organizations are strictly prohibited from posting advertisements, event announcements or services on campus.
1. Posters, signs or flyers sponsored by student organizations, Athletics, academic and administrative units must be posted on campus bulletin boards designated for general use. Posting on doors, windows, walls, benches, light poles, vehicles, etc. is prohibited. Exception: Room changes may be posted adjacent to the classroom door. Bulletin boards designated for department information should not be used for non-departmental postings.
2. Posters, signs or flyers promoting activities, events or programs require an accessibility statement notifying individuals with disabilities on how to request accommodations or obtain alternate formats. The accessibility statement must be legible.
Postings without the accessibility statement will be removed. The required accessibility statement is:
Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any Clayton State University sponsored event or to obtain print materials in an alternate format for such events can contact the Disability Resource Center at (678) 466-5445 or firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Student Organizations are required to have all posters, signs and flyers approved and stamped by the Department of Campus Life before posting. The Department of Campus Life requires a minimum of one (1) business day to process, approve and stamp all submitted posters, signs and flyers.
4. Posters, signs or flyers may not overlap or conceal any portion of other posted posters, signs or flyers.
5. Posters, signs, flyers, or banners may not be posted for more than two (2) consecutive weeks.
6. No person is to deface any posters, signs, flyers or banners. Anyone caught defacing a posted item will be reported to the Department of Public Safety.
7. Posters, signs or flyers designed in poor taste or with obscene language will be removed.
8. Posters posted in Kiosks located on James M. Baker University Center Main Street may not be larger than 22 x 28.
9. All sandwich boards, directional signs, and easels placed in the James M. Baker University Center must be placed by the Department of Campus Life.
10. There may be no more than one (1) of the same poster, sign or flyer on any one (1) bulletin board.
11. The name of the sponsoring unit must be clearly indicated on all posters, signs, flyers or banners as well as the date, location and time of the activity, event or program.
12. Sponsoring units are responsible for removing all posters, signs or flyers within one (1) business day following an activity, event or program.
13. All banners must be approved by the Department of Campus Life. Once approved, the Department of Campus Life will coordinate placement and removal of banners on campus.
14. All Yard signs for approved events/meetings must be placed by the Department of Campus Life. Yard signs may only be placed in the following designated areas: (1) In grassy areas along Clayton State Blvd. (from Wellner Drive to Caldwell Drive), (2) along Caldwell Drive, (3) along Simpson Drive, and (4) along the main sidewalk spanning the rear of the James M. Baker University Center (including the Quad – courtyard).
15. The use of chalk on pavement is permitted only along the main sidewalk of the campus courtyard (spanning the rear of the University Center – Quad) and the sidewalk in between Natural and Behavioral Sciences Building and Edgewater Hall.
16. The placing of any flyers, signs, handbills, or other publicity items or materials on vehicles is strictly prohibited.
17. Job opportunity information should be directed to the Office of Career Services.
18. Table tents may be placed on tables in the James M. Baker University Center Commons (food court) with permission from the Campus Dining General Manager. Table tents placed throughout the James M. Baker University Center will be removed at the conclusion of the day. Table Tents are permitted inside the Laker Lounge and Center for Student Involvement and Service of the Student Activities Center. Table tents are not permitted inside of the fitness area. Table tent displays should be monitored regularly to ensure neatness and order; tables tents should be removed immediately following the advertised activity, event or program. Flyers placed on tables will be discarded. Table tents will be discarded after two (2) weeks.
19. James M. Baker University Center Main Street Kiosks: Sponsoring units may reserve days to place their posters in an assigned kiosk. In order to place a poster in a kiosk, permission must be obtained from the Department of Campus Life. All posters must meet all poster, sign and flyer regulations except the poster must be no smaller than 22 x 28 (or slightly smaller). Posters may not be posted in the kiosk for more than two consecutive (2) weeks. Posters placed in the Kiosks without permission will be removed and discarded. The Department of Campus Life will maintain a schedule of when the Kiosks are available. The Department of Campus Life requires a minimum of one (1) business day to post.
20. Email Announcements: Departmental announcements for general distribution to campus employees and/or students should be sent to the Office of University Relations for inclusion in the Laker Lines email bulletin.
Recognized student organizations may send campus announcements through the Department of Campus Life in accordance with the email announcement guidelines https://claytonstate.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_d3WtdnUjwdTIhYU. Only announcements for approved campus activities, events, and programs will be sent campus-wide.
Any administrative member of the campus community may remove posters, signs or flyers placed in unauthorized locations. Non-University postings may also be removed.
Revised: October 2013