Personal Elevator Pitch Competition Criteria
- POSITION SOUGHT: Did you indicate what job or type of job you are seeking?
- BENEFIT(S) TO COMPANY: What will be the benefit(s) to the company if they were to hire you?
- WHY YOU’RE BETTER?: Why are you better than others applying for the same job?
- CALL TO ACTION: What is the next step that you want to take? What you are asking from the listener/potential employer?
- CONFIDENCE: How well you exhibited confidence.
- OVERALL PRESENTATION STYLE: (good tone of voice [not flat] and body language; eye contact with judges; no fillers like “uh”, “um”; pitch clear and organized)
- QUESTIONING: How well you answered judges’ questions.
The maximum time allowed for the personal elevator pitch is 90 seconds. After the pitch, judges will then be given the opportunity to ask the “pitchers” questions during a short question and answer period.