This competition is open to all undergraduate and graduate students from all majors.
What is a personal elevator pitch?
A personal elevator pitch is a brief explanation of how you can benefit the potential employer, why you should be hired or considered further by persuasively explaining your unique traits, experiences, skills, and accomplishments that are important to the employer. It is typically given to someone that you unexpectedly meet in an elevator, at a party, or any short interaction.
- Identify problem, unmet need.
- Explain solution: its benefits; why it's better than what's available now; and its inventiveness.
- Explain market: target market, size of market, and competitors.
- Explain financial information: costs, time to break-even, to profit.
- Present effectively (clarity, enthusiasm, body language).
- Have a call to action: specify the purpose of the pitch, what he/she wants.
- Answer judges' questions.
First Place: $500.00
Second Place: $300.00
Third Place: $150.00
Fourth Place: $50.00
Maps and Directions
View maps and directions to the Clayton State University campus.
The Elevator Pitch Competition will be held in the Harry S. Downs Center in Room 101. The event begins at 10:00 a.m.
Your Personal Brand
Learn how to market yourself in person (view video).
Preparing for Your Personal Pitch