For the last 25 years, Clayton State University has made an effort to make tax season a less stressful process for tax filers seeking to fill out their returns.
The College of Business has partnered with the national Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program, which offers free tax preparation assistance to eligible taxpayers using forms 1040EZ, 1040A and simple 1040s.
Individuals eligible for free tax assistance must make an income of $55,000 or less.
Those interested in receiving this assistance must bring the following items:
- Photo identification
- Social security cards for themselves, their spouse, and dependents
- Birthdates for primary, secondary, and dependents on the tax return
- Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1009-R, from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from bank(s), Form 1099
- Other relevant information about income and expenses
- Day care provider identifying number
- Total amount paid for day care
- A copy of last year’s federal and state income tax returns if possible,
- Bank routing and account numbers for direct deposit
Both spouses will need to be present to file electronically.
Where to find us
Services will be offered in the College of Business. The building is marked number 6 on the campus map.
2000 Clayton State Blvd.
Morrow, GA 30620
View campus map
Google map directions
Appointments for tax assistance are available on Saturdays on a first come, first serve basis during tax season from February to March.
Hours of service
9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
2019 Dates TBD