Time management is one of the most important elements in being successful in a University. Having time management skills can help you both in your student life and personal life. It is not so easy to manage time if you do not actually plan ahead and think about what and when you need to accomplish major tasks. As a student, you can manage your time through the following steps:
- Start the semester by having a calendar where you mark when each assignment is due and for which class (color coding is easy) or you can do this on your phone through an app such as Student Agenda or on excel.
- Go through each syllabus and look for assignments that you can complete ahead of time.
- When it comes to an exam, do not always expect that your professor will provide you with a study guide, always create your own in advance.
- Read and take small notes of each chapter before class just to be familiar with the topic. This can save you some time if you have an assignment, relate to that chapter later on.
- When it comes to a project, always start them early. The sooner the better.
- If you are working and/or have a family, after marking all your assignments on the calendar, add your work schedule, study time, and family obligations.
Major Mentor “2016”