Loch Shop Customer Policies
Refund and Return Policies
- Textbooks in their original condition and/or in unopened packaging, accompanied by your original cash register receipt and your valid LakerCard, may be returned for a full refund as outlined below:
- Fall & Spring Semesters: Through the close of business the Saturday after the first week of classes.
- Summer & Short Sessions: Through the close of business the third day of classes.
- At management’s discretion, opened bundles or packages with all components present and unused, may be returned at half of the purchase price.
- All textbook purchases made after the first week of classes are considered final.
- All e-books, custom course packs, access cards or codes, packages or bundles with opened access codes, study aids, study guides, solutions manuals, and optional books are non-returnable.
- General interest books in unread condition may be exchanged within 5 business days of purchase.
- While we have student workers available to help you find course materials, ultimately, it is your responsibility to ensure you have selected the correct textbooks for your classes by consulting your syllabus prior to purchase.
- Most general merchandise in new condition and/or in its original packaging and accompanied by your original cash register receipt and your valid LakerCard may be exchanged within 5 business days from the date of purchase.
- Clothing must be new and have original hang-tag(s) attached to be eligible for exchange.
- All computer/technology and electronics items, including CDs, DVDs, and calculators are non-returnable. Products deemed defective by management may be exchanged for the exact same item.
- Food, beverages, health & beauty supplies, and personal hygiene products are non-returnable.
Clayton State University Loch Shop; it does not apply to other sites that you may link to from our site. Please check the privacy policies on those sites for more information.
Personal Information Collected
The University Bookstore recognizes the need for consumers to control the use of their personal information. “Personal information” is information that can be used to identify or contact an individual. This can include a first and last name, a physical address, an email address, a student ID number, a phone number, and credit card information. If you are browsing our site, no personal information is required. If you decide to make a purchase through our website, you consent to the collection and use of this information by the University Bookstore. Personal Information Use The Loch Shop uses personal information only for fulfillment of your order. Note that we may need to transfer that information to our agents or employees of our service providers, ie: wholesaler or shipping company, to complete the fulfillment order. This information is only transferred to the extent necessary to provide the requested product or service. We will not sell or provide your information to unrelated third parties.
When you first access the online store, you will create a user profile with a login and password and contact information. Please make a note of the login and password you create. Our web site provides you with the ability to change your phone numbers, physical address, and email address information stored in your profile at any time. You may also write to us at the address listed at the bottom of this policy to request that we make the change for you.
Please direct all privacy related questions and concerns to the following address:
Clayton State University Loch Shop
Attn: Todd Smith – Director of Campus Store Services
2000 Clayton State Boulevard
Morrow, GA 30260
Loch Shop's Right of First Refusal Policy
Books, including course materials, study aids, tradebooks, books for special events, and general interest books; course equipment; school and art supplies; Clayton State logo items; and other competing items may not be brought into a University facility for resale by any individual, campus office, or group without the first right of refusal given to the Loch Shop, the University’s official retailer.
- The Loch Shop should be contacted in writing regarding all campus events that will involve the resale of products and services that compete with products and services (including, but not limited to, books, including course materials, study aids, tradebooks, books for special events, and general interest books; course equipment; school and art supplies; Clayton State logo items; and other competing items) a minimum of four weeks prior to the scheduled event.
- Email all requests to Todd Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org), Director of Campus Store Services.
- Please note: missing the deadline above does not relieve the campus office or entity from contacting the Loch Shop about the event.
- Not allowing sufficient time could result in specific items not being available for resale at the event.
- The Loch Shop will determine within a reasonable amount of time whether or not they will be able to assist with the event. The goal is to respond to the request in writing in two business days from the date the request is received.
- If the Loch Shop determines that it can assist with the event, it will work with the event’s coordinator on campus to order specified products and provide facilitation of sales during the event.